Conservative America

Scscsc89

On 9/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, mysfit said:

Slow death of democracy?

It's a combination of the Senate having outsized importance (the current form of the filibuster is ridiculous) and Democrats flocking to cities, which just happens to be where all the work is. 

Meanwhile, the uneducated klansmen on the right keep their political power in South Dakota on par with the political power in San Francisco, for some reason that no democracy outside of America would ever understand.

• Like 1

Not much to say. 

My compassion fatigue has led me to the conclusion that it's probably in our best interest to let these folks who are hell bent on a COVID-19 exit from life just carry on and exit.

It's unfortunate that it's having such an impact on our Healthcare systems, but really. If the right-wing nutjobs want to die off, let them.

Then we can get this country back on track.

PS thank goodness I already got all my surgeries in. 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, mysfit said:

Not much to say. 

My compassion fatigue has led me to the conclusion that it's probably in our best interest to let these folks who are hell bent on a COVID-19 exit from life just carry on and exit.

It's unfortunate that it's having such an impact on our Healthcare systems, but really. If the right-wing nutjobs want to die off, let them.

Then we can get this country back on track.

PS thank goodness I already got all my surgeries in. 

Problem is these nutjobs always take other innocent people with them before they go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll be dealing with this for MUCH longer than three more years.  Republicans have given up on Democracy.  They've gone full fascism.

The "fuck your feelings" party is not feeling good about being less popular than AIDS, and therefore they want to take the requirement of popularity out of the equation.  Get ready for GA, AZ, etc., to just toss out whatever election results they don't like, with the SCOTUS as an accessory after the fact.  Biden (or whoever is nominated in '24) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WIN.

But hey, at least Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema decided to maintain the stately decorum of the Senate in the meantime.