2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Didn't see the Biden victory speech but I read the transcript and I liked what I read.  Time to bring this country back together and Trump was never going to be that guy.

87% of Colorado voters including myself submitted their ballots.  I'm reading that is in the top 5 of this country and I'm proud of that fact.  I'm 100% on board with the drop off ballot system and I'm curious to see how Oregon voters did since they are another mail-in state.  I'm disappointed that R voter numbers appeared to have went down in CO this year.  I guess I'm going to come to terms with being a GOP voter in a blue heavy state but I think that's silly because there are ballot propositions to vote for especially a repeal of an amendment from the CO constitution that allowed residential property taxes to be automatically cut while business property taxes kept going up.  Now the cost of residental rentals could go up and cost of living is an issue in CO.   I expect the CO GOP turnout to be much better in 2022 when Governor Polis is up for re-election and the other Senate seat if I'm not mistaken.

Trump lost this election and he is the one to blame judging by what I saw in this election.  Many people were going to die from COVID-19 anyway because there were many people who don't believe in listening to the authorities especially younger people since their fatality rates were pretty low.  All Trump had to do was act like a president, take this COVID-19 outbreak seriously, and simply wear a mask the whole time.  Maybe the deaths would have been lower but it would have never been satisfactory to the American public.

I have warned often that the Dems needed to not move too far to the left and that is why we ended up with a highly contested election instead of a blue wave.  It appears that The Squad has a new member or two.  I would tell The Squad to keep it up since that means the GOP retakes the House and the Senate if they don't keep the majority followed by retaking the White House in 2024.

I hope Congress does a much better job working together in the next term and having President Biden should help that out.

As for political talk, I'm just going to enjoy a quiet Holidays this year and then it's time to rumble in January.  Stay safe everyone.

Lol

5 hours ago, Orange said:

Fox (and most outlets) don’t call til AP does.  

Not during this election.  Fox News' election HQ is widely respected in that business and they refused to un-call Arizona despite pressure from the Trump campaign when the margins got close.  Fox News called Arizona before the AP News did in this case but when it came to the Fox News anchors on what to call President-Elect Joe Biden..nothing but sour grapes.

10 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Not during this election.  Fox News' election HQ is widely respected in that business and they refused to un-call Arizona despite pressure from the Trump campaign when the margins got close.  Fox News called Arizona before the AP News did in this case but when it came to the Fox News anchors on what to call President-Elect Joe Biden..nothing but sour grapes.

To no one's surprise but your own, this isn't true.  AP makes the calls based on a sophisticated algorithm based on returns, remaining returns in blue/red areas, etc.  The networks follow the AP's lead in most cases, including this one.  It just so happened only Fox News followed the AP immediately on AZ.

Of course, likely bowing to pressure from the Trump campaign, Fox news was dead last in calling PA, and thus the race in general.  MSNBC, CNN, CBS, etc., all called the general election first.

Green New Deal, Fracking, Riots, Looting, Pack The Court, get rid of filibuster, AOC, Wealth Tax, Antifa, defund the police, Warren’s Health Care Plan, raise taxes, open borders. . .  The voters decided GOP had a messenger problem while the Dems had a message problem.  Go figure \_(ツ)_/¯ 

20 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Green New Deal, Fracking, Riots, Looting, Pack The Court, get rid of filibuster, AOC, Wealth Tax, Antifa, defund the police, Warren’s Health Care Plan, raise taxes, open borders. . .  The voters decided GOP had a messenger problem while the Dems had a message problem.  Go figure \_(ツ)_/¯ 

Is that word salad supposed to constitute analysis?

What's "AOC" mean, exactly?  Scary, pretty liberal girl?  It's not so much as the Dems have a message problem so much as old, white boomers have a fragility problem.  That will become more and more apparent as you lose more and more elections.

pretty unnerving when you start to realize how fragile our democracy is. we just heard the secretary of state claim that the loser of the Presidential election will remain in power.

I know that's not going to happen, but its uncomfortable how many falsehoods are regularly being propagated

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Shit, Arizona and Georgia would tend to disagree.   

Do you really think there isn’t at least somewhat of a messaging problem?

looking at the incumbent and the state of the Republican Party I would have expected a better overall result for the dems.  (Acknowledging the popular vote)

Archived