2020 Election Thread

PapaG

40 minutes ago, clpp01 said:

Believe this is coming directly from the candidate himself.

If those numbers are accurate and if my quick math is right (****** Kornacki I am not) then he would need over 65% of the remaining votes to catch up in the race.  Possible I guess but this is Alaska and a lot of these are rural remote areas which tend to skew towards the right.

ha what I saw was not from the candidate himself but if what I saw was drawing from him, then I walk back my hopeful post. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how a serial sexual predator is gleefully elected president by Republicans in 2016, but Cal Cunningham has a PG-13 sexting affair and the voters clutch their pearls.  THOM TILLIS GOT FUCKING COVID BECAUSE OF HOW DUMB HE IS, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

Didn't see the Biden victory speech but I read the transcript and I liked what I read.  Time to bring this country back together and Trump was never going to be that guy.

87% of Colorado voters including myself submitted their ballots.  I'm reading that is in the top 5 of this country and I'm proud of that fact.  I'm 100% on board with the drop off ballot system and I'm curious to see how Oregon voters did since they are another mail-in state.  I'm disappointed that R voter numbers appeared to have went down in CO this year.  I guess I'm going to come to terms with being a GOP voter in a blue heavy state but I think that's silly because there are ballot propositions to vote for especially a repeal of an amendment from the CO constitution that allowed residential property taxes to be automatically cut while business property taxes kept going up.  Now the cost of residental rentals could go up and cost of living is an issue in CO.   I expect the CO GOP turnout to be much better in 2022 when Governor Polis is up for re-election and the other Senate seat if I'm not mistaken.

Trump lost this election and he is the one to blame judging by what I saw in this election.  Many people were going to die from COVID-19 anyway because there were many people who don't believe in listening to the authorities especially younger people since their fatality rates were pretty low.  All Trump had to do was act like a president, take this COVID-19 outbreak seriously, and simply wear a mask the whole time.  Maybe the deaths would have been lower but it would have never been satisfactory to the American public.

I have warned often that the Dems needed to not move too far to the left and that is why we ended up with a highly contested election instead of a blue wave.  It appears that The Squad has a new member or two.  I would tell The Squad to keep it up since that means the GOP retakes the House and the Senate if they don't keep the majority followed by retaking the White House in 2024.

I hope Congress does a much better job working together in the next term and having President Biden should help that out.

As for political talk, I'm just going to enjoy a quiet Holidays this year and then it's time to rumble in January.  Stay safe everyone.

Archived