2020 Election Thread

PapaG

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, clpp01 said:

One can hope but it is unlikely.  Arizona will be a flip for them but Alaska isn't turning for the Dems and nothing seems to be changing in North Carolina which would mean that the Democrats would have to win both of the seats in Georgia which is incredibly unlikely.  The special election had 2 republicans splitting the vote and the primary senate race had a Libertarian siphoning just enough votes from Perdue to drag him just under to 50% threshold.  Eliminating the vote fodder in both races and the Republicans are likely to win both of them.

What do you think now that Biden is winning Georgia...?

3 hours ago, Orange said:

What do you think now that Biden is winning Georgia...?

The senate races haven't been following Biden's comeback in Georgia and until I see it actually happen I am going to fall back to my normal viewpoint that this is still the deep south.

21 minutes ago, clpp01 said:

The senate races haven't been following Biden's comeback in Georgia and until I see it actually happen I am going to fall back to my normal viewpoint that this is still the deep south.

Fair point. 

I think Stacey Abrams’ vote push shouldn’t be discounted, however.  She’s a fighter and she REALLY took some sweet sweet revenge on Kemp.   

There’s some rumblings (I have no idea how accurate) that the senate seat from Alaska is not the foregone conclusion for the GOP that was initially assumed.

But yes, we are going to need the Stacey Abrams voter turnout machine to rev up again. Republicans are going to show up in Georgia. Not sure if we’ll be able to match it.

15 minutes ago, Orange said:

Fair point. 

I think Stacey Abrams’ vote push shouldn’t be discounted, however.  She’s a fighter and she REALLY took some sweet sweet revenge on Kemp.   

If she were running I would believe she would win but being on the sidelines I don't think will help enough. 

This election cycle has shown that among all these vulnerable GOP Senate races in the south that these Senators have out performed Trump in these races which may indicate Trump actually hurting them here, with Trump out of the picture they may even get a little bit of a boost.

19 minutes ago, glduck said:

There’s some rumblings (I have no idea how accurate) that the senate seat from Alaska is not the foregone conclusion for the GOP that was initially assumed.

But yes, we are going to need the Stacey Abrams voter turnout machine to rev up again. Republicans are going to show up in Georgia. Not sure if we’ll be able to match it.

Believe this is coming directly from the candidate himself.

If those numbers are accurate and if my quick math is right (****** Kornacki I am not) then he would need over 65% of the remaining votes to catch up in the race.  Possible I guess but this is Alaska and a lot of these are rural remote areas which tend to skew towards the right.

Archived