Asking for donations to keep the site running

mugtang

The ads on the site don't cover the annual expenses of keeping the site running.  So I've made a decision.  I've removed all of the advertisements as I'm not running this site for the money (if it became more popular that could change) so I've added a donation widget to the sidebar of the website (bottom if you’re on mobile).  The donation goal is $210 which covers the hosting and software licensing costs for the year.  I will update it as we go so you can keep track of it..  It's linked to a paypal account I created for the site.  If you'd prefer Venmo I can send it to you via PM as it goes to my personal account and I don't really want that posted on the internet, which I'm sure you can understand

• mugtang changed the title to Asking for donations to keep the site running
On 10/26/2021 at 6:42 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I joined several others and have donated.  Here's expecting that this'll easily go way over the top when HLB tosses in four figures.

The max it would allow me to donate was $100.00.  Otherwise I would have paid the whole thing and made you happy.

On 10/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, HLB said:

The max it would allow me to donate was $100.00.  Otherwise I would have paid the whole thing and made you happy.

I appreciate your donation!  I did add additional amounts after you posted this but I didn’t think about doing that before hand.  Not a big deal you guys already covered the goal so we’re good now.  

On 10/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, Orange said:

I think we should all get tiered rewards.  Like, for $5, we get a free rule violation.

Or for $100, we're moderator for a week, and have free admin privileges to edit other posts.

That’s actually not a terrible idea…

On 10/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, Orange said:

I think we should all get tiered rewards.  Like, for $5, we get a free rule violation.

Or for $100, we're moderator for a week, and have free admin privileges to edit other posts.

So you want me to be the moderator for a week with free admin privileges to edit your posts.  I accept.

Archived