MLB 2023

KUGRDON

I needed some physical therapy as part of my recovery. I got a job delivering pizza during rush hours each day. Just 2 or 3 hours four days a week.  It’s a fantastic job. I drive around, listen to the Mariners, do a little walking, going up and down stairs and delivering smiles.  Love working with the kids in the store growling a little, joking a lot, calling them potheads and being the good grandpa.  Life is good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 1:08 PM, glduck said:

Thankfully we are playoff camels, and last year shall sustain us until well into the 2030s.

Looking forward to the 2032 ceremony where they honor the Cal Raleigh walk-off, which will probably remain the 2nd most revered hit in M's history (behind Edgar's 1995 double).

• 2 weeks later...

Another postseason, another year of people noticing the long layoff for the top seeds may be inadvertently hurting them. MY DUMB IDEA:

A CWS-style double elimination playoff format in each league. Winner of each meets for the typical best of seven World Series. No long layoff, incentive to win divisions/go for the top seeds would be to set your rotation up better than the wild card teams likely could.

Obviously, it won’t happen. But it’d be fun!