2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 10/13/2023 at 8:34 AM, Orange said:

Meaningless unless we know whether it’s based on percentage of snaps or percentage of yards. Lotsa teams throw 20 incomplete passes in the 4th quarter while trying to catch up. 

I believe it's based on attempts.  Washington is doing great with that type of ratio, CU's running game isn't strong by any means, Vandy is Vandy and they don't have the athletes to match the typical physical SEC team, WSU having a run heavy offense if that happened & could be a sign the world is about to end, Oklahoma State has been throwing the ball as long as Mike Gundy has been the HC, ASU going pass heavy isn't a bad thing given the pass heavy nature of the Big 12, and BYU has been long known as a pass heavy team.

I don't think that supports your point of teams throwing 20 incomplete passes in the 4Q while trying to catch up.  If teams aren't passing teams and already being blown out, what's the point of stopping the clock with another incompletion?  Just run the ball and the clock out.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, PAC MAN said:

Travis Hunter makes his return and scores his first FBS TD.  Buffs leading 29-0 at the half and I was expecting more of a challenge from Stanford due to the statistical similarities between the two teams.

And your expectation is being met and then some.

• Like 1

Never seen such a bad 3Q from the Buffs ever and that is why Stanford is creeping back into this game.

Coaching has been hot hot garbage in the 2H for the Buffs and Coach Prime needs to keep his composure.  How many illegal substitution penalties is CU going to commit before the end of this game?

On 10/14/2023 at 12:22 AM, MrBug708 said:

Your lines cost you that game.

Don't disagree with you on that but those illegal substitutions fall on the coaches and that is where I'm putting the blame on for this epic choke job (as Mano simply described it).

Right now I think CU's bowl games are shot but I'm going to take two weeks off from football and see how the Buffs respond at UCLA followed by OSU and then Arizona.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:42 AM, PAC MAN said:

Don't disagree with you on that but those illegal substitutions fall on the coaches and that is where I'm putting the blame on for this epic choke job (as Mano simply described it).

Right now I think CU's bowl games are shot but I'm going to take two weeks off from football and see how the Buffs respond at UCLA followed by OSU and then Arizona.

Agreed in part.  The penalties tonight were an absolute killer.  But line play was rough, both sides.  They refuse to attempt to run the ball and sanders is getting killed.  Ucla will tear him apart.   

Lastly, and this is probably meaningless, there was a weird energy.  The entire team and stadium shut down.  I don’t recall that in a game that went to it.  I guess just shellshocked.  

And really lastly, they are running a slant.  Why is this so mystifying to the buffs!?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 9:02 AM, HLB said:

Wisconsin sucks; Nebraska is not very good and faced a CU team that might go undefeated and win the PAC12; UCLA beat up on a G5 opponent (as a P5 team should - not sure why that's impressive), and OSU crushed a FCS team (why is that impressive?)

If any of those wins were "impressive" then Auburn's win over Cal was impressive; OK State's win over ASU was impressive; and MS State's win over AZ was impressive .... Here's reality:  None of those three wins were impressive.

Overall, Utah was lucky to escape defeat against a bad Baylor team, and Oregon was fortunate to pull out a win at TXTech.

Those two games make me believe that Colorado could defeat both Utah and Oregon, and ultimately win the PAC12, because Baylor and TXTech are not strong teams.

Bump…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, MrBug708 said:

Reading the Arizona board, they seem to think WSU is broke and their defense is top tier and will hold WSU to a similar point total to UCLA. I'm a little skeptical on that, it should be more shootout then one way blowout

I have WSU by 7 at home.  AZ fans might want to look at some stats before they make the defensive claims. 

UCLA has a top 5 defense nationally and AZ is 47th. Not terrible but not UCLA level.