2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 12/2/2023 at 9:13 PM, win2bfree said:

For as comfortable UW is in it's playoff position, IF Jordan Travis never got hurt, all of "4 best team" arguments that are now being made by the SEC towards FSU would be directed at UW.  Nice to not have to deal with that.

But the ACC just isn’t good this year. The PAC was far more impressive to decision makers.  Washington jumped FSU because of that. We had 8 teams ranked at 1 point. 

The Pac also kicking ass in OOC laid the foundation for all that. 

Texas. Not a fan. But I do admire what Sark has done in 3 years. Especially dealing with that delusional fanbase. Talent was always there in Austin. But toxic. 

Nice to see him get his act together after embarrassing himself at USC with the drunk maneuvers.  Sark seems dialed in. 

On 12/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, glduck said:

They DID Kenyon Martin-Fla State. Wow — yes, the ACC was the weakest of the power conferences, but they went undefeated. I would be livid.

You guys get Liberty. A team with one of the worst schedules in FBS. Not 1 P5 opponent on their schedule. 

Smoke these guys please.  How many Oregon players aren’t going bowling?

Great question. I would be surprised if Nix, Franklin, or Dorlus play, but maybe Friday left such a bad impression they don’t want to end their careers like that? Wishful thinking on my part, probably. But they do seem like a tight knit bunch so maybe I can afford to hope.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, Mano said:

Utes playing Northwestern in the Vegas Bowl.

We owe them one from 2018.  I was thinking Maryland. Both of them are 7-5. But Northwestern finished better in the B10. 5-4. 

Kyle used to be a bowl win machine. We’ve lost our touch a bit in bowl games lately. 

I’m not sure if any players are sitting out yet but with the injuries, hope we have enough in the tank. Barnes will be back. He’s hit and miss on performance.