2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 12/14/2023 at 12:32 PM, MrBug708 said:

Carson Ryan to Utah. Makes a lot of sense, wish he was still here.

A win for Utah for sure. Sorry to take your guy. 

He’s a big boy. Utah runs a lot of 2 TE sets. Yazman(decent) has been our big brute in these sets but he’s graduated.  Ludwig is a master at getting TEs the ball, especially with Cam. Kincaid made a lot of bacon in this offense. So did Kuithe.  So the question still remains about if Kuithe will be back. We also have a really nice kid that started to shine mid season. Landen King.  The addition of Ryan makes me more comfortable if Kuithe goes the NFL route. 

I know Ryan is from Utah but were there grievances for him at UCLA?

On 12/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, utenation said:

I got your back bro. 

How Do I Get One?
According to the NCAA rules, in order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

• Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
  • Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
  • Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games

https://www.2adays.com/blog/how-does-the-ncaa-medical-redshirt-work/

The question is if it is season ending if he plays in bowl game. I believe Whitt said the bowl would not effect his medical redshirt status, but I don't know of any other sources for that.

On 12/14/2023 at 2:04 PM, Mano said:

The question is if it is season ending if he plays in bowl game. I believe Whitt said the bowl would not effect his medical redshirt status, but I don't know of any other sources for that.

The way I read it is, does it meet the criteria for season ending(whatever defines that). I'm assuming yes here. It doesn't specifically say you can't play again for the year.

Did it occur before halfway through the season? Yes.

So I think it comes down to has he played in more than 30% of the games at anytime. No

But there might be some dirty details I missed. As long as Rose can play, that's what matters.