P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

On 3/14/2024 at 4:10 PM, glduck said:

Nearing halftime, UCLA shooting a cool 35.7% from the field while the Ducks are at a crisp 17.6%. Slow down guys, leave some buckets for the rest of the teams!

Looks like Dana made some halftime adjustments with an ear full of ass chewings.

Ok @Chile_Ute, calling my shot tonight. CU by 5.  I think Branden Carlson will still be gimpy tonight and we’ll need him in this game. 

First off, CU is a better team than we are. If Madsen and Bajema shoot like they did last night we can win this with some helps from Lovering and or Keita in the paint on defense. 

Smith will have to have a near triple double night(again) as well. 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:49 PM, utenation said:

Holy shit GL. The Ducks almost blew this. Why on earth would you go away from Dante in the post in the last 2-3 minutes? He’s been money all game. 

We have a smart coach but a dumb team and the wrong side won the internal power struggle. Got lucky today.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:09 PM, glduck said:

We have a smart coach but a dumb team and the wrong side won the internal power struggle. Got lucky today.

Nobody can question Altman’s passion.  He was gettin after it

I made the boys a “Mexican Stew” to eat during the game tonight.  It was so good.  I just made it up with basically the seasonings you would put it chili, cubed chuck roast and veggies chopped into big chunky pieces.  Sort of a cross between chili and fajitas. Pics are when it was just starting.

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

On 3/14/2024 at 8:04 PM, utenation said:

Ok @Chile_Ute, calling my shot tonight. CU by 5.  I think Branden Carlson will still be gimpy tonight and we’ll need him in this game. 

First off, CU is a better team than we are. If Madsen and Bajema shoot like they did last night we can win this with some helps from Lovering and or Keita in the paint on defense. 

Smith will have to have a near triple double night(again) as well. 

Agree.  Defensively they are sound and a better ball motion offense than ASU.  I would have preferred to bottle some of the magic last night for tonight.

We need at least one maybe two wins to get to a 5 seed opening the dance in Spokane.  It’s not likely but something to swing for.  We had it nailed for a week or so but closed the regular season out poorly.  Tonight was arguably our only good game since beating Arizona.  It might have just been that Stanford is so bad.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:02 PM, KUGRDON said:

I made the boys a “Mexican Stew” to eat during the game tonight.  It was so good.  I just made it up with basically the seasonings you would put it chili, cubed chuck roast and veggies chopped into big chunky pieces.  Pics are when it was just starting.

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

I’d dip a tortilla in that…

JFC.  Lampkin is a 50 lb overweight beast in the paint. He can’t jump but he can score. Having the game of his life. lol. 

Coach Sanders should get this fat ass into nose tackle rotation for the football team. 

On 3/14/2024 at 10:02 PM, Chile_Ute said:

We aren’t going to keep up with CU….likely 12-15 point loss.

Turn out the lights, it’s closing time.  Terrible second half. 

Craig Smith needs to hit the transfer portal. We lose Branden Carlson, Bajema for sure. Smith, Worster and Madsen can come back but not sure if they will.  Madsen can make some money overseas. 

I think Craig Smith’s leash is a bit shorter next year. He’s under contract until 26/27. Not sure on his buyout.  I’m not sure he can recruit to be honest. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:28 PM, utenation said:

Turn out the lights, it’s closing time.  Terrible second half. 

Craig Smith needs to hit the transfer portal. We lose Branden Carlson, Bajema for sure. Smith, Worster and Madsen can come back but not sure if they will.  Madsen can make some money overseas. 

I think Craig Smith’s leash is a bit shorter next year. He’s under contract until 26/27. Not sure on his buyout.  I’m not sure he can recruit to be honest. 

And that’s that.  On paper Smith has gained wins each year…progress.  BUT, I agree I’m not convinced there is a whole lot in the cupboard in regards to underclassmen talent/ability to bang in the B12.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:40 PM, Chile_Ute said:

And that’s that.  On paper Smith has gained wins each year…progress.  BUT, I agree I’m not convinced there is a whole lot in the cupboard in regards to underclassmen talent/ability to bang in the B12.

We pretty much got our ass kicked  the last 6-7 years in the P12.  The B12 is no joke. I have zero expectations of anything but the bottom half of the conference until proven otherwise. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:03 PM, utenation said:

JFC.  Lampkin is a 50 lb overweight beast in the paint. He can’t jump but he can score. Having the game of his life

Mostly because we have two 7 footers that are softer than room temperature butter.

Lampkin is an emotional fire. Both good and bad.  Has his moments.