NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Chiefs Chargers and Raiders are now tied at 6-6. Chargers are the hottest though having won four in a row and six of eight. Should be a good stretch run.

Chiefs and raiders are broken.  This is the chargers division to lose at this point.

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Chiefs and raiders are broken.  This is the chargers division to lose at this point.

I refuse to get excited especially with such a close game against the BrownsI refuse to get excited especially with such a close game against the Browns

11 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

What happened to the chiefs?  The first part of the season they looked like a SB lock.

Apparently teams started using cover 2 against them and the Chiefs have been unable to adjust.  Although yesterday was the first game in a long time where the offense looked good, the defense also appears to be broken, which really doesn't make sense to me.  I look at that roster and I see a top 5 NFL defense. Then they give up 38 points to the Jets. 

9 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I refuse to get excited especially with such a close game against the BrownsI refuse to get excited especially with such a close game against the Browns

True.  I really does seem to be a race between Larry, Curly and Moe at this point.  I would still put my money on the Chargers though.  That defense is really good and Phillip Rivers is mediocre enough to score the necessary amount of points to win.  

seahawks lose 30-24 @ jacksonville. i know the jags are good this year (9 wins already) but that was the most infuriating end to a game i've witnessed *probably* since SB49. back-to-back monstrosities of plays, one our fault, one on the officiating. first play:

for fuck's sake, doug. that was 3rd down. 4th down:

the jag in the slot did the smart thing. he tripped, so he grabbed richardson and brought him down. better to give up a first down on a defensive hold and/or PI than to give up the go-ahead touchdown, right? EXCEPT THEY DIDN'T THROW A GODDAMN FLAG.

As I said two weeks ago, this is the chargers division to lose.  The raiders have no chance — we are an uneven team with extreme strengths and extreme weaknesses.  The chiefs have the potential to challenge the chargers but I don’t think they will.  The Chargers are too balanced, too experienced at key positions and too well coached.  With Keenan Allen now playing like a top 5 WR and Ingram playing like a top 3 LB, the chargers have the balance and impact players to beat anyone.

Archived