C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, glduck said:

wr jalen hall commits to oregon.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Hall-76820

Big get.  Former top 10 recruit, from what I'm told his Sr year wasn't as great, because his home life was really crappy. He ended up moving out to get away from that situatio and transferring schools.  Due to that move though, money has been tight for him, and his nutrition dropped as did his production.  

I think his biggest knock is that he isn't a grinder, not a guy that really pushes himself. He transferred from Hawkins high because they got hit with scandal at the high school level, they had the best city team in years and everyone basically transferred because of what happened. In multiple years, they've had to forfeit games. This Oregon WR class kind of reminds me of their 2011 WR class that was also highly regarded of BJ Kelly, Blackmon, Sumler and Vaughn

Kelly was a 3*, Sumler was a 5'8 wr will superb speed but not great hands who people hoped would learn to catch.  Blackmon was a QB who again people hoped could become a WR, and  did at BYU, but at UO he wouldnt block.  Kelly doesnt play WR who cant block.  And Vaughn was just a mess off the field.  But your way of saying you think UO WR will all be bust is noted, but I'd bet any of them would have had more than 700yds vs Oregon HS talent which is what Cota had.

Just now, MrBug708 said:

As a ucla fan, I can emphasize with a program that looks good on paper in February. 

That might be, I guess we'll find out in the fall.  But right now Mario has seemed to make all the right moves hiring wise.  For the first time in a long time I love the direction of the weight program, which had been lacking since Bellotti left, and honestly I thought they should have added more real strength training years before he left.  Plyo is cool, but you need both, and that' why Auburn and LSU made up look weak when we met on the field.

And since we are talking about it, I'll rank my opinion of the Ducks guys that they are recruiting

1. Devon Williams - Great Athlete, should be the best player for you guys for the next 4-5 years.

2. Isaiah Crocker - i think he's the whole package as a WR

3. Micahel Ezeike - Hes' going to be a TE no matter where he goes, but he's the only guy who doesn't know it yet.

4. Miles Battle - He's going to learn to play better with his height, but he's probably underrated

5. Jalen Hall - See previous thoughts. You just can't coach up desire the same way you can other traits. It's possible he will get it together, just not a fan.

7 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I think every program that makes a change always loves the new S&C program. We had a terrible one under Rick and then with mora we hired a disgraced NFL guy and we were killing it and near the end, it looked sad and people hated the program

the only time I’ve ever seen it noticeable here was the end of the helfrich era, when the whole team looked frail and sickly and we were getting pushed around by teams who had no business pushing us around.

i don’t think S&C was a problem here under chip at all, he just made a decision to recruit smaller, more agile linemen to get up field easier and maintain his preferred pace of play. that strategy worked to the tune of a 46-7 record (or something like that) over four years.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, MrBug708 said:

I think his biggest knock is that he isn't a grinder, not a guy that really pushes himself. He transferred from Hawkins high because they got hit with scandal at the high school level, they had the best city team in years and everyone basically transferred because of what happened. In multiple years, they've had to forfeit games. This Oregon WR class kind of reminds me of their 2011 WR class that was also highly regarded of BJ Kelly, Blackmon, Sumler and Vaughn

A kid who has a shitty home life, removed himself from the situation, and still managed to graduate HS and qualify for FBS academically isn't a "grinder."

Is there any UO thing that you won't take a huge dump on, Bug?   

1s1waEh, the reason for the move wasn't crappy home life like Rogue said, you are just piggy backing onto his comments. My comments about him not being a grinder come from the people who do that for a living, not my own analysis, hate to disappoint you. Glad you at least read the rest of the thread and didn't freak out any further about my comments, which talked about WR's that I liked for Oregon...haha

Someone tell Greg Biggins to stop shitting on Oregon

Screenshot_20180128-141210.png

Screenshot_20180128-141149.png

3* DB, Elisha Guidry commits to UCLA. He's the younger brother of Javelin Gudiry, a Utah freshman and a guy UCLA couldn't be bothered to recruit. Elisha isn't as good as Javelin unfortunately, but has some pretty good speed. Elisha is the son of Javelin Guidry, a UCLA football player in the early 90s

Archived