C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't begrudge anyone for taking a few hits in recruiting after their head coach jumps ship. the moment taggart left our top 10 class was always going to fall back to top 20, but that's better than just punting on the entire recruiting cycle.

or hiring kevin sumlin, which was the other option. 

Marquette HS (WI) 2018 OL Jon Gaines will sign a NLOI w/ UCLA tomorrow. Full scholarship. Also had scholarship offers from Iowa, Purdue, Cal, NIU, and many of service academies & Ivy's. There was little to no fanfare or promotion of Gaines during process, but a huge sleeper

Never heard of him. On one hand, Wisconsin always has great OL talent. On the other hand, he doesn't even have a recruiting profile. Oh well, we need bodies 

30 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Marquette HS (WI) 2018 OL Jon Gaines will sign a NLOI w/ UCLA tomorrow. Full scholarship. Also had scholarship offers from Iowa, Purdue, Cal, NIU, and many of service academies & Ivy's. There was little to no fanfare or promotion of Gaines during process, but a huge sleeper

Never heard of him. On one hand, Wisconsin always has great OL talent. On the other hand, he doesn't even have a recruiting profile. Oh well, we need bodies 

If Cal was recruiting him, they certainly weren't recruiting him hard.  Cal has a full class on the Oline for awhile now and I've never heard of him until now.  I wonder how many of those schools were seriously recruiting him.  With OL, you never know.  Seems like the walk-ons and 2-stars are just as likely to perform as well as the 3 and 4-stars. 

Australian rugby star Thomas Yassmin signed his NLOI with Utah (It's Wednesday down under).

He was under-recruited, but a terrific athlete. Once word got out that Utah offered him, Washington, Oregon and UCLA jumped on him. Chip Kelly sent him a LOI and asked him to delay signing by a week so they could get him on campus.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/meet-thomas-yassmin-the-australian-schoolboys-winger-turned-college-football-tight-end/news-story/dd69530561eb4cd8f7d4213b4d3f4567?nk=1dd566ba21602cb966a1ef3ba965fb82-1517959658

22 minutes ago, All Hail said:

If Cal was recruiting him, they certainly weren't recruiting him hard.  Cal has a full class on the Oline for awhile now and I've never heard of him until now.  I wonder how many of those schools were seriously recruiting him.  With OL, you never know.  Seems like the walk-ons and 2-stars are just as likely to perform as well as the 3 and 4-stars. 

His film was nice, but I agree with the stars comment heavily

Archived