Board Upgrade

DanGarion

6 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

About a year ago, the ignore feature stopped working for me.

and even when it did, it still showed any new posts that Bruin created, which was really unhelpful.

This is what Don was talking about.  This could be helpful.  It's below the bottom of the most recent posts column.  Hope that helps.

image.png.af9dca30eb5b01eefd05267994735b39.png

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DanGarion said:

Well... you aren't really seeing how he responded to you. You are seeing a widget outside of the topic that displays the most recent posts... Unfortunately, that doesn't filter out anything for anyone so it is a developer issue outside of something we can change.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.  Seems like KUGRDON showed a workaround for the time being.  It's what I thought it would be and hopefully addressed at some point.

To remove ignored posts from your unread content page click on the timestamp which will pull up the post and give you options of reading it or not. But you don’t have to read it, it will disappear after From unread content when you refresh that page.

It’s mainly a tool to aid self-discipline.  Just a reminder for me that the ignored posts will offer nothing of value.

It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the hundreds of posts resulting from exchanges between Org and Quack on the one hand and Bruin on the other.

8 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

To remove ignored posts from your unread content page click on the timestamp which will pull up the post and give you options of reading it or not. But you don’t have to read it, it will disappear after From unread content after taking this action.

It’s mainly a tool to aid self-discipline.  Just a reminder for me that the ignored posts will offer nothing of value.

Yep I have been doing that.  Just put one more user on ignore since the person I put on ignore can't help but respond to that user.  Hopefully that means I don't have to see that toxic crap from those lovebirds as much as I do.

I'm so ready for football and to put yesterday's drama behind.  Go Cougars Beat USC!

3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

To remove ignored posts from your unread content page click on the timestamp which will pull up the post and give you options of reading it or not. But you don’t have to read it, it will disappear after From unread content when you refresh that page.

It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the hundreds of posts resulting from exchanges between Org and Quack on the one hand and Bruin on the other.

If we have to click on something in order to ignore it, then can we all agree that repeating “just put Bruin on ignore” is not much of a solution & stop suggesting it as if it is?

5 hours ago, DanGarion said:

Well... you aren't really seeing how he responded to you. You are seeing a widget outside of the topic that displays the most recent posts... Unfortunately, that doesn't filter out anything for anyone so it is a developer issue outside of something we can change.

If I'm going by what I'm seeing on the MWCBoard, it seems like the widgets could be changed or removed.  I think removing the POSTS widget would do wonders in this case.  Please tell us it can be done.

3 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

If I'm going by what I'm seeing on the MWCBoard, it seems like the widgets could be changed or removed.  I think removing the POSTS widget would do wonders in this case.  Please tell us it can be done.

There's another trick you could try, you could just click that button on the side of your phone that puts it to sleep, and go outside and walk to the nearest bus station, and buy a ticket to go fuck yourself.

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

There's another trick you could try, you could just click that button on the side of your phone that puts it to sleep, and go outside and walk to the nearest bus station, and buy a ticket to go fuck yourself.

PapaG needs a play buddy at the ban cells.

If anyone has personal issues with users posting in this thread regarding board issues keep it out of here. I'm fairly certain I have warned this in the past and if I didn't oh well. This isn't the place for petty disagreements about politics or any other childish behavior. I've ran too many message boards in the past 25 years to deal with that type of shit any longer.

12 minutes ago, DanGarion said:

I can understand that as it appears you can't like your other friend's posts for the next couple of weeks either. But see I don't really care either. 

No worries.  There are other ways to "like" someone's post.  I'm not interested in building up anyone's like count or even mine...I thought the other posters would prefer that than responding to me.

And sorry about the last post directed at Orange.  I'll keep it civil in here.

Archived