Board Upgrade

DanGarion

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the staff (or anyone else who has experienced it) -- since the merger on the board of the football and basketball forums, there appears to be a noticeable lag time when clicking into the board.  After being in, it behaves normally (and quickly) in navigating.  I'm using Chrome and it also happens on Android.  Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a fix?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Formatting for drafting replies sucks ass.  If I accidentally put the cursor into the post to which I'm replying, it's impossible to get it out and draft my reply.  Also, deleting the post in the reply window is virtually impossible.  Makes Microsoft Word seem downright user friendly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 9:13 AM, Orange said:

Formatting for drafting replies sucks ass.  If I accidentally put the cursor into the post to which I'm replying, it's impossible to get it out and draft my reply.  Also, deleting the post in the reply window is virtually impossible.  Makes Microsoft Word seem downright user friendly.

I Don’t try to delete a post in the reply window anymore. I just back out of the page and then the next time I go to make a reply I click on clear editor and it clears the reply box.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

:oregon:The helmet icons are a cool idea, but they look like poop.

You are more than welcome to design your own and submit them for use. If they don't look like poop maybe we will let people use them. 

Basically, you get what you pay for and someone made these and provided them for use for free...

Pac-12 Board Conspiracy Theory

This is very trivial, but I've been looking at the "Leaderboard" lately, and a rather strange thing is happening. It used to be that Orange, Don or GL would be atop the board with monthly scores around 20-25 points, but that has changed dramatically. PapaG now has nearly 10 times the number of points of any poster during May, yet he's only posted four times during the month. Stranger still, if you look at the "Past Leaders" list, PapaG gets exactly 10 points per day - almost every day - whether he posts new content or not. 

So it is possible that PapaG has numerous other user names, and signs on with them for the express purpose of throwing down likes to his "PapaG" account? 

Is there some other way that PapaG is racking up all these points? It seems very suspicious to me, if totally meaningless.

How insecure/self-aggrandizing/in-need-of-validation does one have to be to put that kind of effort into "winning the day" on an Internet forum? 

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

Pac-12 Board Conspiracy Theory

This is very trivial, but I've been looking at the "Leaderboard" lately, and a rather strange thing is happening. It used to be that Orange, Don or GL would be atop the board with monthly scores around 20-25 points, but that has changed dramatically. PapaG now has nearly 10 times the number of points of any poster during May, yet he's only posted four times during the month. Stranger still, if you look at the "Past Leaders" list, PapaG gets exactly 10 points per day - almost every day - whether he posts new content or not. 

So it is possible that PapaG has numerous other user names, and signs on with them for the express purpose of throwing down likes to his "PapaG" account? 

Is there some other way that PapaG is racking up all these points? It seems very suspicious to me, if totally meaningless.

How insecure/self-aggrandizing/in-need-of-validation does one have to be to put that kind of effort into "winning the day" on an Internet forum? 

I'm trying to find a correlation since I can see some additional stats that normal users have no access to. I do see there was an overall jump in likes in the month of April, and it also appears that just about every one of his posts has at least one "Like". Nothing standing out that I can see, but I will look a bit more... :)

It's no biggie, and probably not worth your time, but thanks. I noticed that a bunch of his posts from last November, notably in the Oregon/Arizona game thread, received likes as recently as May 23, which is weird. It's as if he's using an alias and scrolling through his post history giving himself likes. Again, it doesn't matter, but if it's true, it's amazingly petty, like something Trump would do. :lol:

Archived