ncaa tournament thread

glduck

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Should be around 75 degrees fahrenheit for the opening tip off Saturday

As long as the court holds up I'm good. The Duck's last championship-level weekend in Glendale had shit for a playing surface.

16 minutes ago, PapaG said:

As long as the court holds up I'm good. The Duck's last championship-level weekend in Glendale had shit for a playing surface.

I would actually laugh if the court did have a problem. I could just imagine Duck fans everywhere collectively thinking and saying "this is not seriously happening to us again"

2 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

No, but is has been hovering around the low 90s the last couple of weeks so the teams and fans that have arrived for the weekend have caught a fortunate break in the weather

I'm just trying to understand why the "temperature at tip-off" is relevant.  Unless you were speaking of the climate-controlled arena, and the staff's predicted temp.  If so, that's a tad warm.

I guess now that Jalapeno's gone, we needed a weird poster.

two days before the biggest game in school history and all i can think to say is "wow carolina looks really good, but we're really good too, should be a great one."

it's weird -- we've lost two national championship games in football, and there is no consolation prize. i didn't feel any better in 2014 than i did in 2010 just because i could say "at last we made the playoff" (as cool as it was to smack around florida state on national television a week prior). but in basketball, it seems like you play to get to the Final Four, and whatever happens after that is gravy (and in baseball, you play to get to omaha, and whatever happens from there is just extra). talking to other fans there seems to be this strange aura of accomplishment that doesn't even take into account the fact that we're two games away from a national title. very different vibe from football.

Only one team will ever leave the court exuberant, and not return.   It's a strange thing when you think about it.  There's very little difference in the caliber of teams when you're down to the final 8 (I think I've used that exact sentence to refer to Omaha).

Archived