ncaa tournament thread

glduck

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historically great season for the Ducks and I really feel for Bell.  He took it hard.  He's a teenage kid and should be cut every break possible.  He's a huge reason you guys made it to the Final Four (he looked like the best player on the floor against Kansas, which is the only Duck game I watched, wire-to-wire).  I hope lots of people are telling him that.

It appears that the mainstream media is behind Gonzaga

But, Vegas is favoring North Carolina

That means both fan bases now have built in excuses for defeat tonight. 

If you are a Gonzaga fan and you lose tonight, you could just say: "Well, Vegas wanted the Tar Heels to win so the refs rigged the game for UNC to win.

If you are a North Carolina fan and you lose tonight, you could just say: "Yea, but the mainstream media has been loving Gonzaga this entire tournament so the refs were rigging the game in favor of the Zags".

I've never seen Carolina look so small.  Gonzaga is dominating the boards and getting high percentage shots on post ups.  Maes tried to score over Karnowski and Collins -- bad idea.  Justin Jackson is amazing though and perhaps his array of floaters will be enough.

Collins and karnowski have foul trouble and Carolina is back to their old ways of dominating the boards and getting easy shots.  Collins is the key.  He is by far the best front court player on the court.  If he can stop committing dumb fouls, Gonzaga will win.  His presence on both ends changes the game.

Just now, KUGRDON said:

Don't you guys think Gonzaga has left too many opportunities on the court?

Both teams have.  I think Jackson had six 3's against Oregon and he can't buy an outside shot against Gonzaga.  both teams have a lot room for improvement.

6 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Collins and karnowski have foul trouble and Carolina is back to their old ways of dominating the boards and getting easy shots.  Collins is the key.  He is by far the best front court player on the court.  If he can stop committing dumb fouls, Gonzaga will win.  His presence on both ends changes the game.

It will be interesting to see how Roy Williams counters the Zags success. He did a masterful coaching job on Saturday against Oregon, but Oregon didn't really have an imposing frontcourt like Gonzaga does.

Archived