Fall Camp News

Scscsc89

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, Card Tricks said:

I haven't read too many preseason prognostications that have Stanford being a major threat to USC's College Football Playoff bid.

Likewise, I haven't read too many preseason prognostications that have USC being a major threat to Stanford's College Football Playoff bid.

Your case-in-point about USC's playoff chances is an article that doesn't mention the playoffs once?

14 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Likewise, I haven't read too many preseason prognostications that have USC being a major threat to Stanford's College Football Playoff bid.

Zing!

But what about CUs run to the natty?  With the buffs get a 5th down to beat UCLA?

2 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Josh Rosen struggled in the first practice, going 2-15 in the 11 on 11 scrimmages. While he's never been a practice player, it's still a terrible sign. Let's just hope it's a rhythm th ing and not a sign to come with the new offensive scheme

I think lots of times QBs struggle early on.  The first few days are just glorified 7v7 in shorts.  I don't worry about a guy unles he's still having issues in week two.

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Josh Rosen struggled in the first practice, going 2-15 in the 11 on 11 scrimmages. While he's never been a practice player, it's still a terrible sign. Let's just hope it's a rhythm th ing and not a sign to come with the new offensive scheme

Yes, I don't think that's anything to worry about with Rosen.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

brenden schooler (74 tackles, 4 picks) and taj griffin (former 5 star tailback) moving to receiver, at least for now.

That's not a good sign as to the younger WRs being even close to ready to contribute.  Also means a true freshman probably starts in Schooler's spot, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

That's not a good sign as to the younger WRs being even close to ready to contribute.  Also means a true freshman probably starts in Schooler's spot, doesn't it?

I think it means Breeze has been looking good 

14 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

I think it means Breeze has been looking good 

Dillon Mitchell has a lot on his plate because without Carrington, he's the only non-slot WR with a catch in a game.  Thanks Darren, you piece of shit.

25 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Dillon Mitchell has a lot on his plate because without Carrington, he's the only non-slot WR with a catch in a game.  Thanks Darren, you piece of shit.

It's not his fault that you kick players with a DUI off the team.

i had the same initial thought re: the coaches liking breeze. schooler was a good center fielder and all, but i know they've been talking a lot about breeze's physicality. 

with griffin, i just hope he stays healthy. running back is a hard depth chart to ascend and if we really need a 4th guy I'm sure verdell is more than capable.

6 hours ago, glduck said:

brenden schooler (74 tackles, 4 picks) and taj griffin (former 5 star tailback) moving to receiver, at least for now.

4 hours ago, PapaG said:

I'm wondering if the jet sweep is going to be used more often this season.  Same for WR screen passes...WRs would have to be able to block and a former RB behind those WRs would be neat.  Just a thought.

4 hours ago, PapaG said:

The depth chart I saw posted showed Schooler at 3rd behind Oliver and Breeze.

Archived