2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, KUGRDON said:

On 1/21/2019 at 2:32 PM, Mano said:

I would imagine he would pick Wazzu if he wants to be a starter, as Utah has starting QB and backup ( who also started several games ) returning. 

Wazzu it is.

17 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I’m not thinking this is particularly good news, but we shall see.

I thought this comment was strange, but I see now that this is not the QB that just took EWU to the FCS championship game -- it's his backup. I didn't realize that. Sounds like this kid put up crazy numbers as a sophomore, then came back down to earth a bit the next year after Cooper Kupp and a few other skill players from that class graduated. He then lost the starting job to another kid midway through this past season. Eh, throw him in the heap and see if he comes out on top. 

I hope the NCAA rules him eligible. 

2 hours ago, glduck said:

I thought this comment was strange, but I see now that this is not the QB that just took EWU to the FCS championship game -- it's his backup. I didn't realize that. Sounds like this kid put up crazy numbers as a sophomore, then came back down to earth a bit the next year after Cooper Kupp and a few other skill players from that class graduated. He then lost the starting job to another kid midway through this past season. Eh, throw him in the heap and see if he comes out on top. 

I hope the NCAA rules him eligible. 

Yeah, If he wins the job easily, great.  If it’s a close call and he gets it there is the downside of signaling qb recruits of the transfer in possibility.  I really hope Cammon Cooper or one of the other’s is ready to step up and have three years as the starter.

59 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Yeah, If he wins the job easily, great.  If it’s a close call and he gets it there is the downside of signaling qb recruits of the transfer in possibility.  I really hope Cammon Cooper or one of the other’s is ready to step up and have three years as the starter.

Conventional wisdom would be that an underclassman starting would be more of a hit to recruiting.

Players transferring is now the new reality, most schools will both gain and lose players, I think it is overall a good thing that players are now able to move about more freely. 

14 minutes ago, Mano said:

Conventional wisdom would be that an underclassman starting would be more of a hit to recruiting.

Players transferring is now the new reality, most schools will both gain and lose players, I think it is overall a good thing that players are now able to move about more freely. 

I love that players can go where they want.    Underclassmen starting does put a crimp in Qb recruiting, but you’ve got the player for awhile and you recruit around him.  Routinely using qb grad transfers signals to recruits an extra danger that they’ll never start, not just have to wait their turn.

Archived