Politics: The Border

Scscsc89

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then: Obama wore a tan suit will the nation ever recover? Our panel debates.

Now: They don’t meet 2 of the 9 points of definition therefore they aren’t TECHNICALLY concentration camps. Up next, our panel debates the question: why do children need toothbrushes anyway?

17 hours ago, glduck said:

Then: Obama wore a tan suit will the nation ever recover? Our panel debates.

Now: They don’t meet 2 of the 9 points of definition therefore they aren’t TECHNICALLY concentration camps. Up next, our panel debates the question: why do children need toothbrushes anyway?

See sidebar: Trump says alleged rape victim is "not my type."

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

Can you tell us how the border bill is going to solve the problem?

Seems to be more about policy than funding.

You tell me and the political divide in this country makes a solution more fantasy than realistic.

The House didn't "fudge things up", but they should have. Democrats just handed Trump a huge win. The admin can do whatever the hell they want with that $4.6 billion. Schumer totally undercut the House. I don't know what he was doing/thinking. I want to be angry with Pelosi for not being able to control the moderate House Dems who voted for this, but she didn't have any leverage. Democrats just stepped on every rake in Washington. 

5 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

You tell me and the political divide in this country makes a solution more fantasy than realistic.

Well, I guess I’d start with not separating children from their parents & putting them in cages.  Then I’d make sure that Americans understood the difference between asylum-seekers and undocumented workers.

Too ‘leftist’?

18 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

That's the point; he's saying it won't resolve the immigration issue.

And he's right.

In 2013, as you seem to forget, the Democrats passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill, but the GOP-led House blocked it.  This is completely on the Republicans, who love to make this border issue crisis artificially worse to play to their racist base.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Orange said:

That's the point; he's saying it won't resolve the immigration issue.

And he's right.

In 2013, as you seem to forget, the Democrats passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill, but the GOP-led House blocked it.  This is completely on the Republicans, who love to make this border issue crisis artificially worse to play to their racist base.

So you should not excuse Nancy Pelosi for refusing passage of the border bill earlier this year (during the shutdown) although she supported something like that in the past?

Image result for politics gif

Or their native country is such a big mess that they are willing to put up with those conditions.  We still could do better tho with those conditions.  Not a whole lot of fun to be in that heat during the summer especially near a major river.

Archived