Pelosi Announces Impeachment?

PapaG

Well, since you mentioned him on another thread, I think the Republican party is generally more extreme to the right, and much of that can be credited to Rush Limbaugh and the rise of right-wing radio. It was Limbaugh who started the whole "liberal media" BS, when he basically meant anyone but him was "liberal media."

What's happening in the Democratic party is a reflection of where the Republicans have gone over the past 30 years. Luckily, the Democrats have kept them out of the White House for 16 of those years, and maybe they can do it again. Otherwise, we're likely going to see the ugly results of far-right thinking in new and more damaging ways. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I'd say the same thing about moderate Democrats.  The number of moderates definitely had to have shrunk while the extremes have increased in number.

If you actually analyzed party positions from a historical perspective, this is absolutely not what's been happening.  In the late 1970s, Roe wasn't controversial.  Republicans weren't requiring fetal coffins and funerals with the threat of jail for a mother.  Republicans helped pass the EPA, for crissakes.  Now they're trying to dismantle it. Tax rates were 70% for the top earners.  Now they're 34%.

By what metric could you possibly say democrats are more extreme?    We literally have Joe Biden operating on the same blue-dog democrat bullshit he used in the 1980s, LEADING the democratic nomination.  

It's like you refuse to pay attention to anything.

6 hours ago, Orange said:

Please support this bullshit with a link to the "critique" of "religious liberty" (as opposed to "Christian liberty").

Which god, bigot?

In what way?  Do you consider holding presidents to account for bribing world leaders to be "unacceptable"?

Uh, he's literally the opposite of a First Amendment supporter.  He has numerous times proposed ratcheting up libel laws, which would be a RESTRICTION of the First Amendment.  You realize that the First Amendment wasn't drafted purely to allow Christians to complain about people saying "happy holidays", right?

Again, what do you refer to when you say "respect the first amendment"?  Be specific, and stop using breitbart links and generalities when you try some cockamamie bullshit argument like "christians are under attack".

@Jalapeno, you going to respond to this shit like a man, or just prattle on with your well-earned ignorance?

32 minutes ago, Orange said:

@Jalapeno, you going to respond to this shit like a man, or just prattle on with your well-earned ignorance?

Trump might be thin skinned but he does have a point with all that false news being reported out there.  That needs to be reined in and if that means ratcheting up the libel laws, so be it.  The average American is tired of the fake news these days.

When you have the money that other countries want, you have the right to set conditions for getting that money.  Don't want to be bent against your will...stop taking outside money!  Can't be any more simpler than that.

And I have every right to post Breitbart or any far right news link wherever I want to.  Given how left this board is collectively, I'm just going to balance things out.

5 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Trump might be thin skinned but he does have a point with all that false news being reported out there.  That needs to be reined in and if that means ratcheting up the libel laws, so be it.  The average American is tired of the fake news these days.

When you have the money that other countries want, you have the right to set conditions for getting that money.  Don't want to be bent against your will...stop taking outside money!  Can't be any more simpler than that.

And I have every right to post Breitbart or any far right news link wherever I want to.  Given how left this board is collectively, I'm just going to balance things out.

Regardless of whether or not what you post is absolute bullshit, you post it purely for the sake of “balancing out”? 

You have, quite literally, defined what’s wrong with news media today, and you think the answer to that is engaging in more of it.  

okay. 

6 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

But trump and Breitbart peddle more fake news than anyone.

And apparently you hate fake news so how does it make sense that he’s your guy and they are your media of choice?

How come CNN lost its #2 spot to MSNBC?

Fake news is one of the reasons for that.

9 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

How come CNN lost its #2 spot to MSNBC?

Fake news is one of the reasons for that.

Ratings have LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH AN OUTLET REPORTING THE TRUTH.

Matter of fact, high ratings probably indicate the opposite.  

Goddamned, man, find someone to save you from the cult.

Votes still won't be there to remove and Mitt is facing very heavy backlash back home...so heavy the Utah GOP is passing a right to recall which will be struck down by the SCOTUS because there is no provision in the Constitution for recalling Congress members.

Interesting tweet:

15 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

You mean his head is on a pike?

huh, imagine that.

Maybe the Utes in general are more savage than originally thought. :lol:

Mitt probably isn't getting re-elected anyway in Utah but people and times do change so we'll see.

38 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Amazing that you condemn Mayor Pete for his sexuality, but you're more than willing to support an adulterer, which last time I checked, is a violation of a frickin' Commandment!

blind GIF

Find me a politician that is without blemish and get back to me.

As matter of fact, no one on earth is perfect!

Archived