Pelosi Announces Impeachment?

PapaG

1 minute ago, CRBuff said:

Or attacking the right.  Almost always.

and it isn’t that they haven’t earned criticism, just that so much of it seems to be hyperbolic.  

So how do you tell that I am attacking the Right and not attacking what perceive as really dangerous behavior?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

I believe that Congress has stopped providing its Constitutionally-mandated oversight which is allowing the executive to have improper power & get away with any (probable) misdeeds.

Whether we feel comfortable labeling it a dictatorship is beside the point -- Do you disagree with that statement?

Still waiting for an answer on this one, btw.

Just now, Scscsc89 said:

So how do you tell that I am attacking the Right and not attacking what perceive as really dangerous behavior?

I know you believe it’s dangerous behavior.  I actually do.  I guess the only dangerous behavior is coming from the right.

7 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

We probably agree on most fronts politically, I guess I don’t see a dictatorship on our horizon. Heck, I don’t even see a second term.

Obviously.. I'm stretching with sarcasm in my previous posts. But in my lifetime, I've never seen such abuse of powers. Not to mention a staggering rate of dismissals, firings and resignations from key officials tied to this president. The chances of you being removed if you don't follow the company line is very high.. Now this certainly doesn't sound like a democracy to me..

Okay -- my last one, then I will wait for replies.

Have you read anything about disinformation tactics (often russian) that are designed to artificially amplify the extremes to make it seem that a country is insanely polarized. 

They do this to overwhelm the centrist independents into unplugging from politics instead of standing up to ethical norms -- making the landscape actually more polarized.

but I am sure that's just a cooincidence

2 minutes ago, utenation said:

Obviously.. I'm stretching with sarcasm. But in my lifetime, I've never seen such abuse of powers. Not to mention a staggering rate of dismissals, firings and resignations from key officials tied to this president. The chances of you being removed if you don't follow the company line is very high.. Now this certainly doesn't sound like a democracy to me..

I can’t fathom working in this administration.  It is an absolute dumpster fire, and he seems to thrive on that.

1 minute ago, CRBuff said:

I can’t fathom working in this administration.  It is an absolute dumpster fire, and he seems to thrive on that.

... and yet your most vocal gut response is ...

5 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I guess the only dangerous behavior is coming from the right.

#BothSides

17 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

First of all, 99.99% of what you post is from the left.  Of you are an independent so be it.  It frankly doesnt matter at all.

as far as unplugging goes, you don’t know the first thing about me.  

And it’s rich to call someone smug after that rant, it truly is.

finally, I’m not above parties, rather just think they are a large part of our problem.  They exaggerate issues to drive donations.  Even outside of politics, we are so offended and hyperbolic about everything, it’s truly what I detest.

Parties aren't the problem, money is the problem.  Parties in politics are necessary.

And if you think 99.99% of what he says is "from the left", then you're clearly a right-wing hack who has been lying about A LOT.

6 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Still waiting for an answer on this one, btw.

I don’t think it’s completely besides the point.  There are plenty that believe this.  

Ive stayed multiple times that the senate should have had a full trial and heard witnesses.  And after that, THEY still would have not removed trump from office.  I am admittedly jaded in my trust of our current political state.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

Parties aren't the problem, money is the problem.  Parties in politics are necessary.

And if you think 99.99% of what he says is "from the left", then you're clearly a right-wing hack who has been lying about A LOT.

99.99 was an obvious (I thought) overstatement.  In fairness I don’t read all posts.

5 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

... and yet your most vocal gut response is ...

#BothSides

I’m often critical of trump and his administration.  And then if you push back on overstatements or issues on the left, ever, it’s dismissed as both sides.

9 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

And then if you push back on overstatements or issues on the left, ever, it’s dismissed as both sides.

Specific criticism of the left is fine ... it's your compulsive need to add the third sentence here is what makes it BothSides

22 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I know you believe it’s dangerous behavior.  I actually do.  I guess the only dangerous behavior is coming from the right.

After a year, that you don't know what BothSides means (and why it's dangerous) is really disturbing.

2 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

@CRBuff

I give you a hard time but I really do appreciate you being here because I do think the country will sink or swim based on people like having enough & VOCALLY standing up for what’s right and bringing us back to the center.

right now my $ is on sink 

Lol, that started out fairly nice.....

when I repeatedly stated that trump wasn’t going anywhere, it isn’t because I think that was right, but rather I believed that to be the political reality.  Of course he pressured the Ukrainians for political dirt.  But congress needed more to remove trump. (Maybe a literal smoking gun)

I am pessimistic that the center is a possibility in the near future.  I do believe the parties keep pulling further right/left.  They seem to conduct bs purity tests on their own people....it’s insane to me.  And as I’ve said, I am pessimistic, I’d also put money on sink.

9 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I’m often critical of trump and his administration.  And then if you push back on overstatements or issues on the left, ever, it’s dismissed as both sides.

The Right has the presidency, and is filling the judicial branch with ABA-disapproved, right-wing hacks purely because they're in favor of making women baby slaves.  The GOP has the senate (representing 19 mililon fewer people than the minority democrats, but that's a structural democracy rant for another time) that can confirm or deny judges and justices at their whim.  And clearly, their whim is PURELY that of the president (who also happens to be a lying, piece-of-shit philanderer, sexual harasser, thief, grifter, racist and dullard).

So, in essence, they have 2 branches of government, and half of the 3rd, and they quite willingly carry the water of a man you and I agree is unfit to be president. 

THESE ARE ALL THE REASONS WHY YOUR BOTHSIDES BULLSHIT IS ANNOYING.

5 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Lol, that started out fairly nice.....

when I repeatedly stated that trump wasn’t going anywhere, it isn’t because I think that was right, but rather I believed that to be the political reality.  Of course he pressured the Ukrainians for political dirt.  But congress needed more to remove trump. (Maybe a literal smoking gun)

I can't tell what your own editorial stance is on this right here.  You're saying they needed more, and you're almost implying that you agree.  Otherwise, why make the statement?

What more could they possibly need, apart from a president selling out our national security for the sake of being elected?

I am pessimistic that the center is a possibility in the near future.  I do believe the parties keep pulling further right/left.  They seem to conduct bs purity tests on their own people....it’s insane to me.  And as I’ve said, I am pessimistic, I’d also put money on sink.

And we're back to you making this out to be a 50/50 left/right situation, when it is not.

Just now, CRBuff said:

I understand what you meant and I agree that the outcome was probably baked in.   But the point is that if people like you didn't stand up for witnesses because IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO -- or don't plan to hold the GOP senate accountable -- then we'll get more of the same.   If they had been forced to include witnesses would that have changed things?  Perhaps not, but it would have increased the pressure on them.    

Archived