Pelosi Announces Impeachment?

PapaG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

Ok, so we are a dictatorship?  Just want to make sure I understand.

So you're saying that a legislature skirting its sworn oversight duty by acquitting the chief executive of election tampering (in the next election) without even calling witnesses or requesting documentary evidence is not a sign of a dictatorship?

Just want to make sure I understand.

Heh, you are good at this.

And while I think we should have heard witnesses, the outcome (similar to the house) was predetermined.  Impeachment and obstruction have been weaponized and are a very real part of our politics these days.

That said, I do believe we are short of a dictatorship.

11 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

And while I think we should have heard witnesses, the outcome (similar to the house) was predetermined.  Impeachment and obstruction have been weaponized and are a very real part of our politics these days.

Both sides!

Tell me, how does it look different when impeachment and obstruction is handled properly in the face of a real threat?  

At what point do they cross the line?  Cause your line seems to keep moving as Trump normalizes some crazy shit & you just throw your hands up and say "Oh well, it's just the upside-down world we live in these days!"

9 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Both sides!

Tell me, how does it look different when impeachment and obstruction is handled properly in the face of a real threat?  

At what point do they cross the line?  Cause your line seems to keep moving as Trump normalizes some crazy shit & you just throw your hands up and say "Oh well, it's just the upside-down world we live in these days!"

The lines are, in fact, moving (politically speaking).  And you think that the Clinton impeachment was just?  Or was that a political tool?

When this whole thing started I said he wasn’t getting removed.  Not that that was right, but it’s where we are.  

So do you in fact believe we have a dictator?

And I just don’t get maligning independents. 

52 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

So do you in fact believe we have a dictator?

I believe that Congress has stopped providing its Constitutionally-mandated oversight which is allowing the executive to have improper power & get away with any (probable) misdeeds.

Whether we feel comfortable labeling it a dictatorship is beside the point -- Do you disagree with that statement?

7 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

And I just don’t get maligning independents. 

After a year, you still don't get it.  This has nothing to do with Independents.   I AM A FUCKING INDEPENDENT!  I have voted for (and donated to) democrats, republicans and independents for every office.   I am not a member of any party.

This has to do with clinging so desperately to your perceived independence that you both normalize un-normal behavior and unplug from doing anything about it.  All while feeling smugly proud of yourself for being above joining the right/left tribe.

2 hours ago, CRBuff said:

Ok, so we are a dictatorship?  Just want to make sure I understand.

This is how dictatorships start, yes.  Trump isn't just a loud, angry, mean man.  He's also doing PHYSICAL harm to children at the southern border, and those most vulnerable.  The Keystone Pipeline will pollute water on tribal lands.  Federal protections for LGBTQ are being decayed.  He's rolling back environmental laws and letting huge corporations pollute and take advantage of people of lesser means.  This is how it starts.  They don't stick Ben Kingsley in the concentration camp on the first day.  They chip away at the frayed edges of society for scapegoats. 

It stands to reason that none of the 40-something white men here on this board aren't feeling the effects directly, yet.  

2 hours ago, CRBuff said:

Trump is full of bluster, that is always.  I’lll concede it can happen, just as I’m sure you will I’m sure concede he says a lot of things he doesn’t do.

That sentence gave me AIDS, grammatically speaking.  What in the cinnamon toast fuck are you talking about here?

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

Heh, you are good at this.

That said, I do believe we are short of a dictatorship.

Agree that there should have been witnesses called but that ship has sailed.  Maybe the Dems will do it right the next time around which will happen sooner than later.

As dictatorship, do you think we'll get to that point down the road?

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

After a year, you still don't get it.  This has nothing to do with Independents.   I AM A FUCKING INDEPENDENT!  I have voted for (and donated to) democrats, republicans and independents for every office.   I am not a member of any party.

This has to do with clinging so desperately to your perceived independence that you both normalize un-normal behavior and unplug from doing anything about it.  All while feeling smugly proud of yourself for being above joining the right/left tribe.

About time you came out of the closet.

3 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Agree that there should have been witnesses called but that ship has sailed.  Maybe the Dems will do it right the next time around which will happen sooner than later.

As dictatorship, do you think we'll get to that point down the road?

The Dems?

It was the GOP that voted not to have witnesses.  Do you ever know what you're talking about?

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

First of all, 99.99% of what you post is from the left.  Of you are an independent so be it.  It frankly doesnt matter at all.

as far as unplugging goes, you don’t know the first thing about me.  

And it’s rich to call someone smug after that rant, it truly is.

finally, I’m not above parties, rather just think they are a large part of our problem.  They exaggerate issues to drive donations.  Even outside of politics, we are so offended and hyperbolic about everything, it’s truly what I detest.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

This is how dictatorships start, yes.  Trump isn't just a loud, angry, mean man.  He's also doing PHYSICAL harm to children at the southern border, and those most vulnerable.  The Keystone Pipeline will pollute water on tribal lands.  Federal protections for LGBTQ are being decayed.  He's rolling back environmental laws and letting huge corporations pollute and take advantage of people of lesser means.  This is how it starts.  They don't stick Ben Kingsley in the concentration camp on the first day.  They chip away at the frayed edges of society for scapegoats. 

It stands to reason that none of the 40-something white men here on this board aren't feeling the effects directly, yet.  

We probably agree on most fronts politically, I guess I don’t see a dictatorship on our horizon. Heck, I don’t even see a second term.

2 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

I know that after a year, you still think my posts are about me "defending the left".

Or attacking the right.  Almost always.

and it isn’t that they haven’t earned criticism, just that so much of it seems to be hyperbolic.  

4 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

finally, I’m not above parties, rather just think they are a large part of our problem.  They exaggerate issues to drive donations.  Even outside of politics, we are so offended and hyperbolic about everything, it’s truly what I detest.

Okay, a true independent in the face of such perceived extremism would be identifying and supporting moderate candidates of both parties.   If you are not unplugged, how is it that in a year of posting, I have never seen you talk about How you believe we should get past the current political climate?

Archived