2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

All Hail

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Miller is on his way to his 8th straight top 7 class.  Recruiting is clearly not what's impeding his progress to a final four.  The names change and yet the song remains the same for Arizona.  This is why I don't understand the hiring of Romar.  Another recruiter who can't coach. 

On 4/14/2017 at 4:23 PM, MrBug708 said:

Wooten shouldn't qualify but they got it to work with Bell, so...

EAD dude. What are implying with Bell? It's pretty fucking black and white. I'd love to hear how they massaged test scores or GPA? Oh that's right, he qualified, full stop. 

34 minutes ago, dtd said:

EAD dude. What are implying with Bell? It's pretty fucking black and white. I'd love to hear how they massaged test scores or GPA? Oh that's right, he qualified, full stop. 

And here I thought he didn't qualify out of high school.

My mistake..

48 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

And here I thought he didn't qualify out of high school.

My mistake..

So Oregon paid for him to go to prep school, is that it? "made that happen" wink wink? And here I thought he qualified to attend an NCAA institution. My mistake...

3 minutes ago, dtd said:

So Oregon paid for him to go to prep school, is that it? "made that happen" wink wink? And here I thought he qualified to attend an NCAA institution. My mistake...

Where did I insinuate that Oregon Manipulated classes or grades?

You are extra bitchy today 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

wooten makes it public today.

Close on McCoy, get the New Mexico SG grad transfer, and get Shittu signed and reclassified and it's a completely revamped and talented roster that should make the NCAA tournament.

14 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

And neither will likely play much next year. (Well, one cant)

Moore probably would have played a decent amount considering Kansas lost their starting PG and their next best option will be a freshman who is ranked lower than Charlie Moore was.  Also, it's not a guarantee that Charile Moore won't be playing next season.  He has applied for a hardship waiver due to the fact that he wanted to be closer to his ailing father. 

Baker probably won't get much PT but who knows.  Kentucky doesn't usually recruit many shooters so he will have a niche skill to provide for that team. 

mccoy to unlv.

i believe he once favored us, just as i believe jamal murray was all duck at one point. but this is why i just can't bring myself to care unless they actually commit.

mops now saying he thinks bigby-williams will now stay, which is a consolation prize about as sour as the mccoy news.

You just never know with young kids.  He was telling other staffs that were recruiting him to stop because he was going to Oregon.  

Adrian Martinez posted a long message about how he was more committed to Cal more than ever two weeks ago.  Today he decommited.  Kids man. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

mccoy to unlv.

i believe he once favored us, just as i believe jamal murray was all duck at one point. but this is why i just can't bring myself to care unless they actually commit.

mops now saying he thinks bigby-williams will now stay, which is a consolation prize about as sour as the mccoy news.

The next Stephen Zimmerman..

2 hours ago, glduck said:

mccoy to unlv.

Who doesn't dream of playing for an 11-win team with no TV exposure and has Melvin (Marvin?) Mendez (Menzies?) as the coach!  I totally see why McCoy chose UNLV over Oregon, Sparty, and Arizona.   Plus he gets to play against the best players in the nation ... the Mountain West Conference!

Something very fishy happened here.  I don't care who it is or that it happened, but projected lottery picks don't make a decision like this on their own without someone in their ear.  He'll be lucky to play in the NIT, and he's not a Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, or Mike Porter Jr. as an NBA prospect where he can dick around for a bad-to-mediocre P5 school for a year and still be a guaranteed Top 3 pick.

Archived