Who is the Best Coach in the P12?

utenation

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

Who is the best QB in the PAC-12?

At throwing or running?

For traditional QB,  I still take Darnold over Rosen, clearly the top two right now.

Khalil Tate has had an amazing start running, looks like he will be great.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, glduck said:

i think herbert is making a great case for himself a la that year peyton manning sat out and the colts got the #1 pick.

but, probably rosen.

Our O is dog crap without him.  With him we lead the nation in scoring.  Hope he's back by Utah, like people are speculating.

16 hours ago, Card Tricks said:

1. Darnold

2. Herbert

3. Falk

4. Rosen

5. Browning

6. Wilkins

7. Huntley

8. Tate

9. Chryst

10. Montez

11. Bowers

12. Garretson

I would trade Browning for Wilkins, so would move Browning down to 6. I would put Rosen at 2.

17 hours ago, Card Tricks said:

1. Darnold

2. Herbert

3. Falk

4. Rosen

5. Browning

6. Wilkins

7. Huntley

8. Tate

9. Chryst

10. Montez

11. Bowers

12. Garretson

We need to all bookmark this so when we have another two years of data we can criticize and say how ridiculous it is.

4 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Wilkins reminds me so much of Darren Thomas, but with better mechanics.  I really like his game.

Interesting comparison. Isn't Wilkins taller with a bigger arm? Thomas seemed like the shiftier runner.  

On 10/14/2017 at 0:05 AM, Scscsc89 said:

I think we may have just wrapped up coach-of-the-year & he’s not from Washington State.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/18/pac-12-midseason-review-stirring-finishes-best-players-friday-nights-aliens-woodstock-cupcakes-and-comebacks/

Wilner agrees.

Best coach: Cal’s Justin Wilcox.

Orchestrated a remarkable overhaul of the program in just nine months and has Cal two wins from a bowl berth.

No stat better illustrates the change than this: Last year, the Bears were 122nd nationally in yards-per-play allowed. This year, they are 52nd.

4 hours ago, Mano said:

I've been lobbying (albeit on message boards like the bottom-feeder AD influence I am) for Wilcox to be a head coach at OSU for years.  Now it seems if he finishes up his contract at Cal, he'll be out of our price range.

36 minutes ago, Orange said:

I've been lobbying (albeit on message boards like the bottom-feeder AD influence I am) for Wilcox to be a head coach at OSU for years.  Now it seems if he finishes up his contract at Cal, he'll be out of our price range.

Can we interest you in another coach from the Petersen Coaching tree, one with OSU ties?

4_834538.jpg

I'm partial either to Mendenhall or Beau Baldwin.

Jonathon Smith doesn't excite me terribly.  I thought he was overrated as a QB, and I don't know enough about him as a coach.  It seems to me that a high-energy, fired-up coach is critical to winning, and I don't get that vibe from JS.

Archived