CU @ WSU

PAC MAN

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/10/16/football-buffs-offense-developing-ball-control-philosophy.aspx

It seems like it is another re-run of what CU did in the second half of last season.  Hard to argue with the results especially with Lindsay rushing for 995 yards on the season with over 400 of them in the last two games.  He ran for 144 yards against that WSU defensive front last season.

Javier Edwards, the starting NT, has been out with an injury and his presence has been missed as the Buffs D hasn't been as effective without him manning the OL.  Without him, the Buffs had to be more of a ball control type of team and it seems like it's working out great offensively.  Buffs played that type of football well against OSU last weekend and it allowed the defense to keep the Beavers out of the endzone up to the point where the Beavers missed a game tying 52 yard FG.  Keeping Falk & company off the field could be a good strategy.

As for WSU, I expect them to come out fired up and ready for the game after getting embarrassed in Berkeley.  Might be another good game like last season...as long as the Buffs come out on top.

GO BUFFS!

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/10/16/football-buffs-offense-developing-ball-control-philosophy.aspx

It seems like it is another re-run of what CU did in the second half of last season.  Hard to argue with the results especially with Lindsay rushing for 995 yards on the season with over 400 of them in the last two games.  He ran for 144 yards against that WSU defensive front last season.

Javier Edwards, the starting NT, has been out with an injury and his presence has been missed as the Buffs D hasn't been as effective without him manning the OL.  Without him, the Buffs had to be more of a ball control type of team and it seems like it's working out great offensively.  Buffs played that type of football well against OSU last weekend and it allowed the defense to keep the Beavers out of the endzone up to the point where the Beavers missed a game tying 52 yard FG.  Keeping Falk & company off the field could be a good strategy.

As for WSU, I expect them to come out fired up and ready for the game after getting embarrassed in Berkeley.  Might be another good game like last season...as long as the Buffs come out on top.

GO BUFFS!

Yeah, congrats, you guys held OSU to its second highest point total all season (the highest being exactly 2 more points against Portland fucking State).

This one is setting up to be a beat down.  Leach, historically, has always had weeks like last week.  Even in the tech days he had good teams that seemed lose games they shouldn’t.  That said, they will be focused this week, and the cu d is no match for this o. 

Im afraid it’s a name your score kinda game without the cougs falling apart with turnovers.

2 hours ago, CRBuff said:

This one is setting up to be a beat down.  Leach, historically, has always had weeks like last week.  Even in the tech days he had good teams that seemed lose games they shouldn’t.  That said, they will be focused this week, and the cu d is no match for this o. 

Im afraid it’s a name your score kinda game without the cougs falling apart with turnovers.

You are going to spoil the CU fans reputation on this board as all being myopic homers.

5 hours ago, CRBuff said:

Yeah no matter how good the team is, there has been let down types of games even dating back to his TT days.

Buffs have been beat up on the DL of late...it’d have been nice if the Buffs had a bye week around right now instead of before the Utah game.

4 hours ago, Mano said:

You are going to spoil the CU fans reputation on this board as all being myopic homers.

No kidding. A big change from all the spam, excuses and delusional babble. Kinda weird to see. Like seeing Bigfoot.

I seem to remember hearing in the off season that “CU was just going to reload this year and plug in some JC guys and all would be well in Boulder.”

7 hours ago, CRBuff said:

7 hours ago, CRBuff said:

I built an account just to point out that Mike Leach lost to Dan Hawkins.  In case you didn't catch that, in 2011 ( I think that was the year) Mike Leach was out coached by Dan Hawkins.  Granted, that was awhile ago, but that's historically the ugliest item on a coaches resume, to be out coached by Dan Hawkins.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I built an account just to point out that Mike Leach lost to Dan Hawkins.  In case you didn't catch that, in 2011 ( I think that was the year) Mike Leach was out coached by Dan Hawkins.  Granted, that was awhile ago, but that's historically the ugliest item on a coaches resume, to be out coached by Dan Hawkins.

Don't forget to add Bob Stoops to that list from the 2007 game.  Figures since Leach was Stoops' first OC at OU and CU abused the Sooners that season.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Welcome to the board and yep anyone who lost to Dan Hawkins at CU does have a stain on his record.  Fortunately that includes Bob Stoops. B)

11 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Welcome to the board and yep anyone who lost to Dan Hawkins at CU does have a stain on his record.  Fortunately that includes Bob Stoops. B)

Your only win against OU since 1999.  You gonna milk that one for a 3rd post?

17 hours ago, Tom said:

What about being outcoached by Dan Hawkins?  Is that bad?   Also, wouldn't it suck to be outcoached by Dan Hawkins?

I'll take "jalapeno's alt" for $1,000, Alex.

Good game Buffs.  I really hope you get the QB situation straightened out.

that said, I couldn’t be more frustrated with our offense.  Hard to see another win on the schedule with Arizona, Stanford, Utah and UW remaining and three of the four on the road.

Look like the Cal loss will prevent exceeding the pre season over/under.

Thanks Don.  Congrats to your cougs.  They were clearly the much team tonight.

cu has regressed big time.  Oddly I think the d has been ok, but the o is a mess.  Line play is rb good, and now qbs are feeling pressure that isn’t there.  Seeing Mac lose it over a non call like he did is making me wonder ignorant more is going on in boulder.  Arm chair psychology at its best I guess.

Archived