The Flu

mysfit

12 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

When China was acting, Trump, misfit and Org were convinced it was media stunt to make money.

Imagine having the same expectations for the president of the united states as you have for some random Joe whose job is NOT defending this country.

This is like me criticizing you for not getting the ball to Damian Lilllard enough. 

You're truly despicable in your cult-level worship of republicans.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Like @azgreg says, don't believe the China numbers.  

https://www.theepochtimes.com/leaked-documents-reveal-chinas-shandong-province-faked-coronavirus-infection-data-real-numbers-up-to-52-times-higher_3251354.html

In one province, the actual count of infections was 52 times higher.  I also saw one other article about how many cellular phone deactivation have happened apparently due to deaths and in China, you use your phone to make payments like we do with our credit cards.  It's easy to say job losses but when you are using your phone to do business, you'd do anything to keep the phone's service turned on...they don't believe in cash transactions over there.  Those numbers were in the single digit millions so it's very possible that millions of Chinese have died and at least 100 million were infected.  Given the number of Chinese cities that have more people than cities like Denver, it's easy to hide millions of deaths in China without people there noticing.

Any comparison with China is invalid.  Italy is the better measurement but you multiply that by six to match the population of the US.

So?  I don't fucking believe the American numbers!  Our actual infection rate is probably orders of magnitude higher than the current tally.  Do you realize how many tests we have in the U.S.?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-are-sick-lost-february/608521/

There is zero reason to believe the Chinese numbers are any better or worse than the American numbers.  We're officially a banana republic thanks to this federal response.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/colorado-now-the-fourth-state-to-declare-a-major-disaster-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

Colorado is the fourth state to have the Feds declare a major emergency which means more Federal support.  Looks like it's getting serious here.  I feel like Governor Jared Polis has done a nice job in this situation and I hope it continues that way...no time for political favorites.

Hope you Californians are doing okay and the same goes for you guys up in Washington state.  Oregon, Utah, and Arizona need to be on high alert.  It's interesting that Arizona has less cases than Colorado despite having one or two million more people than Colorado...maybe the warm and dry weather is helping in this case.

I hope Colorado gets record breaking heat soon if that means it slows the virus down.

There are many different tweets out there like this one that the actual number is probably unknown but one thing for certain is that China is heavily under-reporting the numbers.  Now they are attacking Italy like they attacked the USA for allegedly starting it.  I know that Trump hasn't done as good of a job handling this coronavirus thing and we should be thankful we aren't as bad as China.

Again, the cellphone is more essential in China than here in the USA especially when it comes to using your phone as a payment method.

There is no evidence that China was worse than us.  If their numbers are underreported, so are ours.  Why?  Because our testing infrastructure is terrible.  

As for being "thankful to live in a country where you can say this", that's true.  But if Trump had his druthers, reporters would not be able to report anything negative about his handling of the crisis.  He lashes out like a surly teenager whenever any reporter quotes his own words and even obliquely criticizes his handling of the crisis.  

You should be far more worried about the U.S. response. What's happening in NYC and New Orleans and Detroit and Chicago will happen to Denver metro.  The crest is coming in a few weeks.

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/

Some good news out of New York who really needs it.

28 minutes ago, Orange said:

There is no evidence that China was worse than us.  If their numbers are underreported, so are ours.  Why?  Because our testing infrastructure is terrible.  

As for being "thankful to live in a country where you can say this", that's true.  But if Trump had his druthers, reporters would not be able to report anything negative about his handling of the crisis.  He lashes out like a surly teenager whenever any reporter quotes his own words and even obliquely criticizes his handling of the crisis.  

You should be far more worried about the U.S. response. What's happening in NYC and New Orleans and Detroit and Chicago will happen to Denver metro.  The crest is coming in a few weeks.

I'm not doubting our numbers aren't accurate due to all the testing kits that are not available.  There just has been many false positive test results out there and that is why we are making our own as opposed to getting the WHO test kits which allegedly have a 40% failure rate.  Those tests are coming from China and right now they are just not trust worthy.  The best solution?  Stay home as much as possible and when you go outside, make sure you keep your distance.

The media should take Trump to task on his comments but can we just freaking see some positive news from the media organizations?  I did not agree with the idea about Easter being the start up time.  April 30th is a better date but I think mid-May to Memorial Day is when we hopefully can see some resemblance of normal life.

It's going to be bad in Denver soon no doubt about it and Governor Polis has done a good job overall...the only thing against him is why didn't he do the stay at home order at least a few days earlier?  That's something every other governor will have to deal with any way.  As in CO, there are stupid people are still going to the mountains to do back country skiing when emergency responders could be helping with the response to the coronavirus.  The mountain hospitals are holding steady with capacity and hopefully they turn the corner soon because they might have to be making room for some idiots from the Front Range who can't self sacrifice for everyone.

Archived