Seen any good movies lately?

Orange

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fame-whore celebrity stalker stole Frances McDormand's oscar and claimed it was his.  He even bragged on social media about winning it.  

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/frances-mcdormands-oscar-stolen-suspect-arrested-grand-theft/story?id=53530981

I really wish these kinds of stories were the most gallingly absurd we read every morning.  **sigh**

• 1 month later...

So were at Albertson’s buying stuff for dinner and one of my nephews gets Downsizing out of Redbox. Has to be the worst movie I’ve seen since Waterboy.  It said it was a comedy, it’s not a comedy, I don’t know what the hell it was.

Watched the Post today, well done movie though I am sure some may find it to be too slow. 

Amazing to me that the paper this film is about was called "fake news" today by Peter Navarro on Meet the Press.

• 5 weeks later...

we had 40 year old toby macguire in the original trilogy. how much older can peter parker really get.

i think the sweet spot for spider-man is late high school, you've got teenage melodrama and he's got a part time job at the bugle and he's juggling a life with being spider-man. in the comics they eventually aged him over time and he became a success professionally and married a super model. that's nonsense. give me angst. ANGST.

I fucking HATED Tobey Maguire in Spiderman, and every other movie.  I'm not sure why he's received all the accolades he has.  Although maybe I'm onto something since he's hardly been in any films over the past 15 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Deadpool 2 lives up to the hype and then some.  Two rednecks (one of whom is an A-lister heavily made up that you will not recognize) discussing the best form of ass-wipes almost stole the movie.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went and saw A Star is Born twice, first in a standard viewing then went back and saw it in Dolby which was a significant improvement.  Putting my A-List subscription to good use this month will finish out the week with Venom before doubling up next week with First Man & Bad Times at the El Royale. 

Archived