2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 11/5/2023 at 9:19 AM, Mano said:

CU has shown they can bring in guys through the portal to improve their players rapidly. I have not seen any evidence of players being "coached up" or flaws exposed in earlier weeks being fixed. Seems they have a good recruiting staff, but evidence of a good coaching staff yet to emerge. 

This is completely fair.  It will take some time to see for sure but they haven’t proven anything yet.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, Buff_Fan said:

This is completely fair.  It will take some time to see for sure but they haven’t proven anything yet.

If you watch Sanders’ press conference after the TCU game, calling everyone out, keeping receipts and saying “Do you believe now” compared to his press conferences now, someone has eaten some crow/humble pie. 

Calling his players out for heart and passion. My oh my, how things have changed. 

On 11/5/2023 at 9:50 AM, utenation said:

If you watch Sanders’ press conference after the TCU game, calling everyone out, keeping receipts and saying “Do you believe now” compared to his press conferences now, someone has eaten some crow/humble pie. 

Calling his players out for heart and passion. My oh my, how things have changed. 

Yup, he will not apologize for being himself.  He also takes a lot of the blame.  Put it all together and it’s a bit more balanced.  And of course he isnt for everyone, I completely get that.

Bigger picture, the hype around prime is overdone.  3 games in he is saban, today he is the worst coach ever.  He’s somewhere in the middle.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:29 PM, glduck said:

If this man limits the dumb shit he likes to do and does us a solid by beating Fla St, he shall be forgiven for no-showing the week leading up to the 2021 Pac-12 CG in order to interview with Miami.

IMG_2082.png

UGA still has Ole Miss, @ Tenn. 

Michigan has @Penn State and Ohio State

Ohio State still has @ Michigan 

FSU has Miami and @Florida. 

+ chances to lose in their CCGs

I think Oregon needs to finish and beat UW in the CCG and you’re in. 

I would hope so, but I can’t help shake the feeling the universe may have one more insult in store for the Pac-12 if the ACC and B1G champions are undefeated, and a 1-loss Bama beats an undefeated Georgia in Atlanta.*

* Only in Oregon’s situation. An undefeated, 13-0 Washington obviously makes the CFP in every scenario. 

On 11/5/2023 at 1:25 PM, glduck said:

I would hope so, but I can’t help shake the feeling the universe may have one more insult in store for the Pac-12 if the ACC and B1G champions are undefeated, and a 1-loss Bama beats an undefeated Georgia in Atlanta.*

* Only in Oregon’s situation. An undefeated, 13-0 Washington obviously makes the CFP in every scenario. 

I would wager UW does not go undefeated.  The Ducks look like the strongest and most balanced team to me right now, and UW has been getting some close calls. If there is a rematch, I would favor Oregon. 

On 11/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, Mano said:

I would wager UW does not go undefeated.  The Ducks look like the strongest and most balanced team to me right now, and UW has been getting some close calls. If there is a rematch, I would favor Oregon. 

My thoughts for a few weeks now. I respect the hell out of UW but Oregon is steam rolling everyone in their path. 

The game that is crazy and you never know about is the Civil War. That could be a show stopper for Oregon. OSU is no slouch. 

On 11/5/2023 at 4:10 PM, MrBug708 said:

Sounds like Ethan Garbers might be done for the year with a foot injury

I saw him hobble off. I just don’t understand what Chip is doing playing a 3 headed Qb monster at this point in the season. 

I know you’ve tried to explain it but it’s still madness to me. Utah’s QB situation is terrible but when we were going back and forth with Barnes and Johnson it was worse. 

Even players were saying doing that completely throws off the rhythm of the offense.  Also looking over your shoulder. 

Dante is your future. Run with the kid and let him learn and make mistakes. The other transfer isn’t anything to write home about. 

On 11/5/2023 at 7:38 AM, HLB said:

You still haven't shown me where I picked CU to go undefeated this year.  Because you can't.  Because I never said they would go undefeated.

If you look back at my PAC12 predictions in January, I said Colorado would finish 3-9.

Man, gotta hand it to you Trumpinistas, you REFUSE to let facts get in the way of a good self-fellating narrative.  

On 11/5/2023 at 1:06 PM, Mano said:

I’ve got UW@OSU circled.  Write it off as a homer call if you want, but I think the Beavs knock them off.  

On 11/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, Orange said:

I’ve got UW@OSU circled.  Write it off as a homer call if you want, but I think the Beavs knock them off.  

I don’t think it’s a homer pick. You guys are soon to be 5-0 at home after Stanford. 

Smith is a great coach and excellent at gameplans. You have a run game, decent defense and DJ is playing a bit better. Line will probably be UW-3.