Week 7 Prediction in the PAC

HLB

On 10/12/2023 at 4:20 PM, Orange said:

“pAc 12 HasN’t pLayEd aNy tOuGh TeAms”

the Pac-12 has played more ranked teams than any other conference.  As usual, you’re an idiot.  

Also, Oregon State hasn’t lost at home in over a year, and that was a squeaker to USC and their Heisman winner.  

@HLB is 50% this week. He claims he’s around 80% for the year. Nobody cares enough to go back and check his lies. If I had to guess, he’s probably around 45% for the year and maybe 35% since he crawled to this board. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:17 PM, utenation said:

@HLB is 50% this week. He claims he’s around 80% for the year. Nobody cares enough to go back and check his lies. If I had to guess, he’s probably around 45% for the year and maybe 35% since he crawled to this board. 

It’s unanimous among regulars that he’s a liar and a fraud.  On every subject. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:12 PM, HLB said:

Colorado over Stanford, 41-27

Utah over California, 47-24

Washington State over AZ, 31-29

UCLA over Oregon State, 37-35

ND over USC, 45-30

Washington over Oregon, 38-30

Colorado should be ashamed of themselves.  Great comeback by Stanford .... MISS!

Utah did what was expected of them and beat a team that is less talented .... HIT!

What happened to Wazzu!  Arizona happened.  I think AZ has found a QB .... MISS!

UCLA - I can't figure these guys out.  Oregon State played a great game, but UCLA didn't do much to help their own cause .... MISS!

ND over USC; nothing to analyze here.  ND is better and this was an easy pick.  I think USC loses at least 3 more .... HIT!

Washington over Oregon went about as expected.  Although Oregon played better than I anticipated.  Still don't think either team can hang with the likes of Georgia, Michigan, PSU, Ohio State, FSU, Texas, Oklahoma, and a few other elite programs .... HIT!

On 10/14/2023 at 11:23 PM, Orange said:

He claims he’s around 80% for the year. Nobody cares enough to go back and check his lies. If I had to guess, he’s probably around 45% for the year and maybe 35% since he crawled to this board. 

This week was not a good week.  But if you picked Arizona to beat Wazzu, you should go to Vegas.  If you picked Stanford to come from behind and beat Colorado, you should go to Vegas.  The UCLA pick was a gamble, and questionable, I just went with my gut.

That being said, you don't want to go back and "check (my) lies" because you don't want reality to hit you in the face that would show you to be wrong.

Go back and look my predictions up - this year, last year, and beyond, and see what the percentage is.

You won't because you don't want to see reality.

All together - I could care less.  The only one that seems to care about my accuracy is YOU.  I don't care if I get them all correct, or all incorrect.  I'm just having fun with it.  You act like me making wrong picks is the most important thing in your life .... Get out of your mother's basement, seek counseling for your insecurities, and get a life.

Notre Dame 48, USC 20 .... And it didn't feel that close.  What a butt whipping.  Makes me question the rankings of Oregon and Washington.  What would happen if they were to play elite teams, and not just teams in the PAC12.

Personally, I don't think either team could beat:  Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, FSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, BAMA, UNC, Ole Miss, Tenn, LSU and ND.

It just goes to show that these subjective rankings are silly and don't really amount to much. 

Outside of a 2-4 Michigan State team, who has Washington played and beaten, other than other over ranked PAC12 teams, like Oregon?

Other than a 3-4 Texas Tech team - who they almost lost to - who has Oregon played, outside of other over ranked PAC12 teams, like Washington?

I could say the same about Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Washington State - other than other over ranked PAC12 teams, what elite 2023 teams have they beaten, to warrant their subjective rankings?

We just saw what happened to USC when they faced a quality opponent - one that I would not categorize as one of the nation's elite teams, in 2023, although a pretty good team.

I don't even know if Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, USC and Wazzu could beat Duke, UNC, Miami, Louisville or Clemson, from the ACC - the conference that I think has the most overall quality teams, in 2023).

These rankings are greatly subjective, and fortunately have no bearing on what the committee will release on about 3 weeks.

Washington might (should) win out and "could" make the CFP.  But they will get soundly beaten, by whoever they would face in the CFP, if they make it in.

By the end of the season, I predict that the PAC12 will have 3 teams in the Top-25.  Two in the Top15 (Washington and Oregon) and one in the Top10 (Washington).  I think Wazzu and Oregon State both fall out of the Top25, by season's end.

On 10/15/2023 at 6:17 AM, HLB said:

Notre Dame 48, USC 20 .... And it didn't feel that close.  What a butt whipping.  Makes me question the rankings of Oregon and Washington.  What would happen if they were to play elite teams, and not just teams in the PAC12.

Personally, I don't think either team could beat:  Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, FSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, BAMA, UNC, Ole Miss, Tenn, LSU and ND.

It just goes to show that these subjective rankings are silly and don't really amount to much. 

Outside of a 2-4 Michigan State team, who has Washington played and beaten, other than other over ranked PAC12 teams, like Oregon?

Other than a 3-4 Texas Tech team - who they almost lost to - who has Oregon played, outside of other over ranked PAC12 teams, like Washington?

I could say the same about Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Washington State - other than other over ranked PAC12 teams, what elite 2023 teams have they beaten, to warrant their subjective rankings?

We just saw what happened to USC when they faced a quality opponent - one that I would not categorize as one of the nation's elite teams, in 2023, although a pretty good team.

I don't even know if Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, USC and Wazzu could beat Duke, UNC, Miami, Louisville or Clemson, from the ACC - the conference that I think has the most overall quality teams, in 2023).

These rankings are greatly subjective, and fortunately have no bearing on what the committee will release on about 3 weeks.

Washington might (should) win out and "could" make the CFP.  But they will get soundly beaten, by whoever they would face in the CFP, if they make it in.

By the end of the season, I predict that the PAC12 will have 3 teams in the Top-25.  Two in the Top15 (Washington and Oregon) and one in the Top10 (Washington).  I think Wazzu and Oregon State both fall out of the Top25, by season's end.

Why are you here?

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 5:17 AM, HLB said:

This reads like a temper tantrum from a 12-year old Alabama fan or something.