P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

Wow. What a run by Oregon.  Slow start this year, injuries, average at best Net Rankings, really no shot at an at large and they pull this tourney out of their hat. 

The announcers said it best, when Dante is healthy, he’s unstoppable. Unbelievable game.  12/12 on FGs. 

Never, never count out Dana Altman. 

CU deserves to go Dancing. . 

On 3/15/2024 at 11:47 PM, utenation said:

@Chile_Ute, if we dump Smith( not likely for a few years) a guy I have an eye on is Pinto Jr from New Mexico. 

He stunk it up at Minnesota but has New Mexico positioned well.  Progress the last 3 years. He’s only 41 too.  Maybe Minn wasn’t a good fit? 

Let’s see how the Lobos do in the dance though. Before I get carried away. Lol.

I suspect we are not “blue chip” enough for him.  If he stays at UnM after this year I’m more interested to see what he can sustain/bring in

On 3/17/2024 at 4:22 PM, Chile_Ute said:

I suspect we are not “blue chip” enough for him.  If he stays at UnM after this year I’m more interested to see what he can sustain/bring in

Money and facilities talk and we have both. Not to mention, a rich basketball pedigree.  And yeah, he brought some talent with him. Let’s see if he can recruit. 

The thing we lack right now is support. Not boosterwise but fan support.  That’s going to take a coach that can show consistency. When Coach K had us in a good spot, attendance problems were never talked about. At one point Larry was in the top 10 for coaching salaries. 

But to your point… If UNM can make a run this year, there will be bigger fish looking for his services. 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:03 PM, utenation said:

The MWC got 6. Let’s see what they do with them. SDSU is the only program to do anything the last 10 years or so. 

2/6 are play in games…little surprised by the seeding for the MWC.  Little hosed for this season.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:27 PM, Chile_Ute said:

2/6 are play in games…little surprised by the seeding for the MWC.  Little hosed for this season.

Only a few MWC teams sacked up and played a decent non-con. SDSU, Boise and CSU did. But teams like UNM baked a ton of cupcakes, same with USU. 

I think the committee wants to see the conference as a whole do something in post season for once to hand out higher seeds. Other than SDSU. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:40 PM, utenation said:

Only a few MWC teams sacked up and played a decent non-con. SDSU, Boise and CSU did. But teams like UNM baked a ton of cupcakes, same with USU. 

I think the committee wants to see the conference as a whole do something in post season for once to hand out higher seeds. Other than SDSU. 

I get that…as a purist though, just like Football, history shouldn’t play into the current season’s decision.  Even though it does.

Clemson, T A&M, and Northwestern are over seeded….likely Dayton as well.  But “just win baby.”