P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

On 3/22/2024 at 7:23 PM, KUGRDON said:

I know you’re curious.  Last night we had thick chili with the game.

i don’t give us much of a chance against the Iowa State defense.  We got it inside to Jones really good last night but won’t tomorrow and he’s our answer to injury and slump.

IMG_2141.jpeg

Unfortunately, I think WSU gets smoked tomorrow. 

@Chile_Ute, you know what’s embarrassing? We steal USU’s successful coach like a mean older brother. Craig took Utah State to the Dance. We have the money and facilities. We have all conference players. Not loaded but some talent. 

USU hires Odum, he gets USU to 26 wins in 2022. Gets them dancing. Then moves to VCU. 

Then they bring in Sprinkle. A no name from Montana State. Zero talent carryover on the roster. Like none. All he does is win the MWC, brings a MWC player of the year, gets them Dancing and blows TCU out tonight and gets USU a win.  Something USU hasn’t done since 1970. Advance to the second round. 

That just might be Karma for Utah right there.  As we spin in the irrelevant mud for 3 years. 

The NCAA’s are something special. I don’t give a shit about St. Mary’s or Grand Canyon. But I’m watching because the athleticism of Grand Canyon is just amazing. I find myself so sympathetic to their efforts, feeling the pain of their mistakes. They had a lead and I’m wanting them to slow down and protect the lead but they’re playing like bats out of hell after watching for a while you realize that they thrive on chaos that’s why they have to keep running. You learn this you watch this you feel this. It’s the NCAA.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, utenation said:

@glduck and @dtd, you guys need to call your bookie tonight and bet the house that Oregon covers the +5.5 spread against Creighton. 

Oregon wins this one fellas. 

No fucking way. Easy double digit win for the blue whatever they ares. 

On 3/22/2024 at 10:46 PM, utenation said:

@Chile_Ute, you know what’s embarrassing? We steal USU’s successful coach like a mean older brother. Craig took Utah State to the Dance. We have the money and facilities. We have all conference players. Not loaded but some talent. 

USU hires Odum, he gets USU to 26 wins in 2022. Gets them dancing. Then moves to VCU. 

Then they bring in Sprinkle. A no name from Montana State. Zero talent carryover on the roster. Like none. All he does is win the MWC, brings a MWC player of the year, gets them Dancing and blows TCU out tonight and gets USU a win.  Something USU hasn’t done since 1970. Advance to the second round. 

That just might be Karma for Utah right there.  As we spin in the irrelevant mud for 3 years. 

Who knows.  I’m rolling with it.  Each year they’ve improved….not the results we want but better.  I’m skeptical next year is the same trajectory…but never know what he may find in the portal for some athleticism.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:51 PM, utenation said:

WSU had a decent lead. ISU clawed back. Not to mention brought their entire fucking fanbase to Omaha. 

I hate to say this, given my affection for WSU, but unlike them, and much of the Pac-12, the 'Clones actually have a power-fanbase.  They're the one team that competes with KU for color at the Big-12 championship games.

It’s probably a lazy comparison based on them both being big and white, but Creighton reminds me a little of that Iowa team with Luke Garza we beat in the 2nd round a few years ago. Talented, skilled big guy surrounded by four dudes who can shoot. Our speed and athleticism was too much for Iowa, could be too much for Creighton. But we have zero depth, so foul trouble will kill us, and if the Jays are shooting well I dunno if we have the firepower to keep up.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 4:55 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I hate to say this, given my affection for WSU, but unlike them, and much of the Pac-12, the 'Clones actually have a power-fanbase.  They're the one team that competes with KU for color at the Big-12 championship games.

What I said wasn’t a dig on ISU. You get a 2 seed and you earn a trip close to home.  It just sucks that this is basically a road game for WSU. 

ISU actually packs their football stadium too.  Much like Utah, passionate fans. At least football for the Utes. 

Of course I was thrilled with the first half.  I knew we would lose when Jones picked up his third foul just after the half.  This team was special as over comers generally are.  I hate to say they had shortcomings because they were such good and nice kids.  The team had challenges and evolved to meet them but just didn’t have all the talent or experience on the bench that they would have liked.