Racism in Idaho against the Lady Utes

utenation

This is just a terrible story. Especially for 2024. Apparently the city and state official press conference had to be shut down due to more harassment. 

Utah had to move hotels to Spokane. This part of Idaho is known for racial knuckleheads. 

https://www.opb.org/article/2024/03/26/utah-coach-says-team-was-shaken-after-experiencing-racist-hate-during-ncaa-tournament/#:~:text=“Racism is real and it,environment%2C it's messed up.”

What?  According to @Orange racism only exists in the deep south.  Then again, he chooses to live in a racist state where 98% of their population is white.  The school he chooses to support (as well as their chief rival) has roughly 1% of their student body that is African American.  Meanwhile, they poach black athletes from the south to make up 60-80% of their football and basketball programs, allowing them to live off of the backs of these black athletes.

That being said, the state of Utah's racial divide isn't much better.

Many of the verbal attacks that I have received from @utenation and @Orange can easily be interpreted as hate speech and racist.  @utenation has even gone so far as to fabricate false statements and narratives, about me, fabricating quotes and claiming that I made statements that I did not.  And the leadership of this forum allows them to do so.

All that being said, it's a shame that a contingency Idaho's white supremacist had to ruin this experience for a group of young ladies who merely wanted to represent their school in the biggest tournament they could ever ask to be a part of in what should have been a wonderful experience that would establish wonderful memories.

On 3/26/2024 at 6:36 PM, glduck said:

Idaho *is* the Deep South, it’s just geographically confused.

I honestly think he needs to go back and take a basic US History class. This tells me he likely doesn’t even have a GED. 

If he took this class, he might know why many western states don’t have a lot of black people understanding the migration patterns in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. 

He’d also know that many of these folks migrated north to the rust belt and north east coast looking for economic opportunity and not the undeveloped west.  Finally, he’d see why California has a lot of black athletes and his southern “lives off the backs of black people” theory is horseshit. 

IMG_2833.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:58 PM, utenation said:

I honestly think he needs to go back and take a basic US History class. This tells me he likely doesn’t even have a GED. 

If he took this class, he might know why many western states don’t have a lot of black people understanding the migration patterns in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. 

He’d also know that many of these folks migrated north to the rust belt and north east coast looking for economic opportunity and not the undeveloped west.  Finally, he’d see why California has a lot of black athletes and his southern “lives off the backs of black people” theory is horseshit. 

IMG_2833.jpeg

I mean, there are hardly any white people in the NW. 

On 3/26/2024 at 11:56 PM, dtd said:

I mean, there are hardly any white people in the NW. 

The answer is simple on that one. Because all these Western States are just racist all around depending on the narrative you want to spin. So I’ve been told. 

On 3/26/2024 at 4:34 PM, HLB said:

What?  According to @Orange racism only exists in the deep south.  Then again, he chooses to live in a racist state where 98% of their population is white.  The school he chooses to support (as well as their chief rival) has roughly 1% of their student body that is African American.  Meanwhile, they poach black athletes from the south to make up 60-80% of their football and basketball programs, allowing them to live off of the backs of these black athletes.

That being said, the state of Utah's racial divide isn't much better.

Many of the verbal attacks that I have received from @utenation and @Orange can easily be interpreted as hate speech and racist.  @utenation has even gone so far as to fabricate false statements and narratives, about me, fabricating quotes and claiming that I made statements that I did not.  And the leadership of this forum allows them to do so.

All that being said, it's a shame that a contingency Idaho's white supremacist had to ruin this experience for a group of young ladies who merely wanted to represent their school in the biggest tournament they could ever ask to be a part of in what should have been a wonderful experience that would establish wonderful memories.

I sure as shit never fucking said that, and the only one spouting racist bullshit here is you.  I seem to recall you posting stories about black-on-black crime or some shit.  

On 3/28/2024 at 4:04 PM, Orange said:

I sure as shit never fucking said that, and the only one spouting racist bullshit here is you.  I seem to recall you posting stories about black-on-black crime or some shit.  

Sad really. His accusations are based on lack of understanding of basic migration patterns in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s as to why western states are “racist” because of lack of black population. 

Only a fool would interpret a call out as a “ racist “ remark when the person is just pointing out character flaws for that specific person and not the color of their skin.  

The real racism here is accusing white people of racism for any questionable comment not having anything to do with race. That’s a huge problem in our society.  Blaming “the man” for all your problems is just childish and ignorant. 

You of all people I view as a person looking out for equality in all races, genders, sexual orientation etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some update.  More hopefully will come:

Coeur d’Alene police chief Lee White said last week that about 100 people were around the area the night of the incidents. He has said there are two state charges that could be enforced — malicious harassment and disorderly conduct — if someone is arrested. White also said he was working with the FBI.

Far-right extremists have maintained a presence in the region for years. In 2018, at least nine hate groups operated in the region of Spokane and northern Idaho, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

When a resolution denouncing racism and hate speech in response to the incidents with the Utah team was introduced in the Idaho Senate last week, several Republican senators expressed doubts about the accounts or said they were unfamiliar with the situation. They debated for about 30 minutes before voting to approve the resolution.

https://apnews.com/article/march-madness-utah-hate-crime-idaho-f63fa199ec2a5aa8db0dda3621cc047f