Terrorist attack in Paris

Mano

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(CNN)President Barack Obama said that the U.S. strategy against ISIS has "contained them," but not yet succeeded in its effort to "decapitate" ISIS leadership.

"I don't think they're gaining strength," Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos on Thursday for an interview that aired Friday morning. "What is true, from the start our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq and in Syria. They'll come in. They'll leave. But you don't see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain. What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters."

Not blaming it on Obama. Just noting how he has totally failed to appraise the magnitude of the threat.

I don't think he said anything about the threat of terrorists not being of high magnitude.  He was clearly talking about fighting ISIS "in Iraq and Syria."  

Obama from last year: "We cannot erase every trace of evil from the world, and small groups of killers have the capacity to do great harm."

If I recall correctly, I, most of you and Obama didn't wait till the gun smoke had cleared from Roseburg before calling out the flawed public policy that contributed to the event. In like manner it is appropriate to point out that the creation of large Terrorist controlled areas as the result of the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and a complete failure to formulate a cohesive strategy to defeat Al Qaeda and The Islamic State in Syria and Iraq contribute to these terrorist attacks.

Call me consistent and call yourselves Obama sycophants.

Really Don? How long does it take for "gun smoke to clear"? Your hyperbole is outrageous.

Considering that ISIS hasn't even claimed credit for the attacks (yet), and hostages are still being held, and possible murdered, as we write, it's patently obvious that all you're doing is furthering your political agenda. You're consistently asinine, I'll give you that.   

How about Obama's political agenda. He has missed no opportunity to characterize those who disapprove of his Syria Iraq Afghanistan Libya inaction as warmongers. As late as yesterday he was misappraising the threats and overstating his success in combating Isis and Al Qaeda. Even as this terrorist attack unfolded, his administration was starting the parade of praise for the killing of a single terrorist. His strategy is like playing whack a mole.

Don, this is poor form. You're better than this.

Yes it's poor form to criticize Republicans and flawed public policy as the blood is cleaned from the floors of a community college in Oregon. (sarcasm). Same exact thing here.

It is encouraging to note that while Cool Hand Luke plays out his losing hand in the White House the Democrats are poised to nominate a candidate who has never differed from Dick Cheney on any anti-Terrorist or military action.

(CNN)President Barack Obama said that the U.S. strategy against ISIS has "contained them," but not yet succeeded in its effort to "decapitate" ISIS leadership.

"I don't think they're gaining strength," Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos on Thursday for an interview that aired Friday morning. "What is true, from the start our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq and in Syria. They'll come in. They'll leave. But you don't see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain. What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fig

Fucked up ISIS. Muslims are about to get a lot more backlash. 

Putin: "You need us more than we need you. If you decide to live in my country, don't attempt to change our ways. If so, we will force you to leave."

Don't support Putin but we need some tough leaders in this world. 

Archived