2016-17 Basketball Coaching Carousel

ExplorerSunDevil

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before UW made its hire, i thought Musselman looked like a good candidate. He has significant head coaching experience both in the NBA and college, and the turnaround at Nevada is really impressive. I wonder if Cal low balled Musselman. 

7 minutes ago, row Z said:

Before UW made its hire, i thought Musselman looked like a good candidate. He has significant head coaching experience both in the NBA and college, and the turnaround at Nevada is really impressive. I wonder if Cal low balled Musselman. 

I think the powerful booster won out.  He was very anti Musselman due to his DUI and hiring of Hufnagel.  After all, it was his dream job.

21 minutes ago, All Hail said:

click on the arrow to the right of the tweet.  Click "copy Link to tweet."  Copy the link.  Paste the link directly into your post without using the media button. 

Wow, that was super easy. I was making it more complicated than necessary trying to use the embedded tweet, and then trying to use the weblink window. Thank you, sir.

Key phrase, while not offered.  That powers that be made their decision and the AD was forced to comply.  I should have deduced that a new chancellor -- who was hired after the previous chancellor was lambasted for failing to properly deal with on-campus sexual assaults -- would never hire a coach who hired an assistant that was accused of sexual assault on Cal's own campus.  

46 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Another rumor: 

Doug Gottlieb to Oklahoma State

He just signed a long-term deal for a 3-hour radio show on FoxSports Radio immediately following The Herd.  I think he's happy in LA.

Archived