PAC-12 Bowl Season Thread

MrBug708

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, glduck said:

this rose bowl has been amazing.

never forget that the powers that be told us for decades that a playoff would ruin college football.

Actually I think they were telling us that a playoff wouldn’t solve the problem that fans said they wanted solved & would dilute the non-playoff bowls.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:00 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I’m so glad Papa figured out a way to blame Larry Scott.

fuck you larry scott & your unimaginative play-calling!     If only Larry blocked the buckeye defensive line better.

They clearly don't teach sarcasm at USC.   Nor, the meaning of the word 'canard.'

i’m concerned that i find myself rooting for georgia. they’re sec and, based on their recruiting, it seems like they may go into dynasty mode in the near future. nothing about that seems enjoyable, but here we are. maybe oklahoma is just that unlikeable.

30 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

They taught us that sarcasm should be avoided in the written form — especially when the reader’s intelligence is unestablished or known to be questionable.

Perhaps too subtle for the University of Oregon.

FIFY

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

I really don’t see how.  

I think it was a bad idea for them to move every other Major bowl game before the two playoff semi-finals.

They need to go ahead and just let other big bowl games happen on January 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th to serve as "cool down" games in between the semi-finals and the Championship game.

The Fiesta Bowl and Cotton Bowl games should NEVER be played before New Years Day. Those games should ALWAYS be in January. 

Just like I also think that the Peach Bowl and Sun Bowl should always be on New Years Eve.

10 minutes ago, Hermpoleon Edwaparte said:

I think it was a bad idea for them to move every other Major bowl game before the two playoff semi-finals.

They need to go ahead and just let other big bowl games happen on January 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th to serve as "cool down" games in between the semi-finals and the Championship game.

The Fiesta Bowl and Cotton Bowl games should NEVER be played before New Years Day. Those games should ALWAYS be in January. 

Just like I also think that the Peach Bowl and Sun Bowl should always be on New Years Eve.

I love the format. I just want to see the best teams match up for the playoffs. Not too worried about when the sun bowl is played. I get the tradition aspect but we’ve needed a playoff and it needs to be expanded. IMO. CFB needed to adapt.

6 hours ago, Hermpoleon Edwaparte said:

I agree — but I do understand that NY on a weekend or an NFL Sunday requires some moving around

Archived