Sports Pet Peeves

Scscsc89

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone that works for ESPN outside of the duo of Dave Pasch and Bill Walton

and while I am at it the Pac-12 network as well, the least they could is put together an off-season show starring Walton and Mike Leach talking about random crap.  Would probably pull better ratings then the conference championship game.

5 hours ago, clpp01 said:

Everyone that works for ESPN outside of the duo of Dave Pasch and Bill Walton

and while I am at it the Pac-12 network as well, the least they could is put together an off-season show starring Walton and Mike Leach talking about random crap.  Would probably pull better ratings then the conference championship game.

I would probs DVR it.

22 hours ago, Orange said:

Psh!

You probably can't grow one.  B)

Molerat, jump in here!

P.S. I've yet to see players wearing skinny jeans on the field.  Is this a general complaint?  You telling me you prefer this look?:

DJ2.jpg

You’re really close to getting your man card pulled with this post. Skinny jeans have no place anywhere. The worst is when men at the gym wear skin tight yoga pants or leggings.  Leave that to the women with nice asses fellas.

22 hours ago, CRBuff said:

This!

beards and skinny jeans?  Wtf

just add your tribal band tattoo and the look is complete.

I’m with you on the beard thing. The Duck Dynasty look is just scroungy. Over played. I’m in banking and that look just doesn’t fly.  I think a well trimmed beard is fine. Odd thing is, some women dig it. To each their own I guess.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

You’re really close to getting your man card pulled with this post. Skinny jeans have no place anywhere. The worst is when men at the gym wear skin tight yoga pants or leggings.  Leave that to the women with nice asses fellas.

How tf you gonna go from slim-fit jeans to yoga pants at the gym??  Christ, I said I have fashion sense, I didn't say I'm carving my dick into a vagina! If you want white new-balances and Levi Baggies, go for it!  More pussy for me!

51 minutes ago, utenation said:

That’s great if you’re a buck 60. I’m 215 and not fat. Logistically it just doesn’t work for big dudes.

Yeah, I'm a buck sixty-five these days.  5-11, too, so I'm not a shrimp or anything, but the baggy jeans look just fails on every level with me.

i love you all to death but i refuse to take fashion or grooming tips from middle aged male sports fans. i’ve seen your jorts. i have to put up with your cargo shorts. i see your triple X jerseys that you wear in public. how many of you own new balance shoes? yes. i know you do.

i will die on this hill.

12 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I’m also on the finance side of things, and it is more prevelant than I ever would have thought.  More importantly, I just don’t get it.  Clean it up, even just a little.

38 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m with you on the beard thing. The Duck Dynasty look is just scroungy. Over played. I’m in banking and that look just doesn’t fly.  I think a well trimmed beard is fine. Odd thing is, some women dig it. To each their own I guess.

I'm an attorney, and beards are the norm now in that world (at least for young guys).  I'm no molerat, I keep my shit trimmed with a 1-centimeter guard.  Goatees, however, should warrant a death sentence.

1 minute ago, glduck said:

i love you all to death but i refuse to take fashion or grooming tips from middle aged male sports fans. i’ve seen your jorts. i have to put up with your cargo shorts. i see your triple X jerseys that you wear in public.

i will die on this hill.

Fuck, THANK YOU!  Finally some backup. Felt like I was the only metrosexual up in this bitch.

18 minutes ago, glduck said:

i love you all to death but i refuse to take fashion or grooming tips from middle aged male sports fans. i’ve seen your jorts. i have to put up with your cargo shorts. i see your triple X jerseys that you wear in public. how many of you own new balance shoes? yes. i know you do.

i will die on this hill.

Lol, well done.  Fine, you guys keep wearing gap for kids shirts.

and yes, I’ve fucking worn cargo shorts before!

22 minutes ago, Orange said:

I'm an attorney, and beards are the norm now in that world (at least for young guys).  I'm no molerat, I keep my shit trimmed with a 1-centimeter guard.  Goatees, however, should warrant a death sentence.

Honest question. In your line of work, do you think you would get the same respect on the first impression if you had Duck Dynasty gear? Like I said, I think a trimmed beard is great and sometimes distinguished. Many companies are moving to casual in the work place which who doesn’t like, so I get it. My last company I wore jeans and and a T shirt, but I like dressing up. My customers feel more important too.

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

Honest question. In your line of work, do you think you would get the same respect on the first impression if you had Duck Dynasty gear? Like I said, I think a trimmed beard is great and sometimes distinguished. Many companies are moving to casual in the work place which who doesn’t like, so I get it. My last company I wore jeans and and a T shirt, but I like dressing up. My customers feel more important too.

Almost all of my clients never meet me face to face.  But I would imagine a duck dynasty beard creates an impression you have to overcome.  I'm not a fan, personally, but lotsa people prefer the look and accept any first impressions as a result.  Lifestyle choice.  Sorta like baggy jeans and getting ignored by any woman without a FUPA.

We have moved to business casual.  Largely it’s a good thing, who doesn’t like to wear jeans. (And not jorts!).  

And i know I risk sounding like the old man telling kids to get off of my lawn, however would it kill some people to not look like they just rolled out of bed?  You are meeting with investors, pretend you are an adult at least.

And if you you guys need a little fashion advice, I’m here for you.  :)  

Signed,

45 year old man

6 minutes ago, Orange said:

I agree, business casual is fine, but some take it too far.  I don't know if it's a generational thing.  I see it worse among my colleagues in late 30s, early 40s.  (I'm 40)

All over on my side.  Saw a young lady with a “hot buttered love “ t shirt.  Huh?

also saw someone my age walk into a meeting with investors wearing shorts.  Come on.

Archived