2019 MLB

KUGRDON

UPDATE:

Mariners still suck. I've had to watch guys names Mallex Smith (that's not a name) and Shed Long (also not a name) all year. Our lone All Star is batting .217. We picked the same year to tank as a dozen other teams, so despite our terribleness we're not even going to get a great draft pick in June. Houston spotted us a 7-run lead last night and won. Every reliever on this team needs to be shot into the sun.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mlb-power-rankings-weeks-theres-164935341.html 

25. Seattle Mariners (60-87; Last Week: 26)

The Mariners have already set the record for most players used in a season. (67. Yes, 67, as in, comfortably equal to two teams’ total numbers for an ordinary year.) But how much will they increase this number by the end of the season? (Another player debuted just last night.) And could this record end up as unbreakable? While it’s true that teams will likely only continue to use roster churn as a way to handle players’ workloads, boosting these numbers across the board, 67 (and counting!) requires a special blend of bad health, bad play, and generous use of expanded rosters. This could be one for the books for a while.

So many people to thank.

Kyle Lewis has a home run in each of his first 3 Major League games, the second player to ever do it. Trevor Story did it in his first 4. WE NEED THIS. I need this. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, MrBug708 said:

If playoff race matter Mile Trout would have a single MVP. If they miss the playoffs you could point to his value missing it for the final 2 weeks

Well, okay, I was thinking more in terms of "I'm Christian Yellich, I want my team to win, and they win more often with me on it" level of bad break.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Well, okay, I was thinking more in terms of "I'm Christian Yellich, I want my team to win, and they win more often with me on it" level of bad break

I was speaking about his MVP race, not the postseason. Sorry for the confusion.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:28 PM, KUGRDON said:

I was just talking about the injury.

Indeed, when you have a season that great, it's shitty af to end it with that level of pain and injury.  At least Ellsbury, for a homer example, would get injured in seasons in which he sucked anyway.

Archived