2019 MLB

KUGRDON

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've hit the AS break. There's exactly one good division race (NL Central, where all five teams are within 4.5 games of each other) but that's sorta the weak sister division, so meh. 

Hyun-jin Ryu got his ERA down to 1.27 before the Rockies bombed him at the end of June, but he's still @ 1.73 -- more than a half of run lower than second place (Luis Castillo, 2.29). 

Christian Yelich, Pete Alonso, and Cody Bellinger all hit 30 (or more) HRs before the break.

First half MVPs, I think you've got to go Bellinger/Yelich/Freeman in the NL and Trout/LeMahieu/Devers in the AL. There are two Rockies who probably/maybe deserve top 3 but I couldn't decide between them so I chickened out and left them off completely.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, it's been that way for 40 years. 

Part of me thinks the Hall of Fame (for all sports) should be a super-exclusive group where you need something ridiculous like 95% of the vote, where you don't have an annual class because there aren't enough guys deserving an invite every year, and if there's a debate whether or not someone is a Hall of Famer they aren't a Hall of Famer.

But then another part of me realizes it's all fan service, so guys who are regional/franchise legends (like Edgar) get in and the fans get to soak it all up because that's what it's really all about. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived