2019 MLB

KUGRDON

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed the Rangers have never won one.  Rockies and Rays came along some 25 years after Seattle.  The Expos/Nats always struck me as the MLB's Washington Generals, i.e. they were designed to fail.  The Brewers fans should be upset, too, but only because the Packers sucked this year.

P.S. Yes, I omitted the Padres on purpose, because lol.

I believe so. The Rangers were one of the few clubs less successful than the Mariners, up until they went to back-to-back WS a few years ago and left us in the dust. We used to bully Expos/Nats fans, then they got good.

But we're 6-1 right now and probably going to win it all this year so whatevs. 

11 hours ago, clpp01 said:

I wish, those filthy bastards had the hand of god on their side for a month then have an extended break before making their adult film debut in that WS against Boston

I remember none of that.  I only remember Boston came back from down 3-0 against the Yankees.  That may as well have been the WS.  The rest was as anticlimactic as spring training.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I remember none of that.  I only remember Boston came back from down 3-0 against the Yankees.  That may as well have been the WS.  The rest was as anticlimactic as spring training.

It was so forgettable that you are conflating the 2004 Red Sox (beat St. Louis after coming back from 3-0 against Yankees) with the 2007 (beat Colorado) :)

So weird that Boston was a cursed "loser" franchise (among a few that we know) until that point, now they have won the World Series 4x since and are another evil empire.

21 minutes ago, win2bfree said:

It was so forgettable that you are conflating the 2004 Red Sox (beat St. Louis after coming back from 3-0 against Yankees) with the 2007 (beat Colorado) :)

So weird that Boston was a cursed "loser" franchise (among a few that we know) until that point, now they have won the World Series 4x since and are another evil empire.

Thank you for catching that, and my mistake only bolsters my point.  

2 hours ago, Orange said:

They were a .500 team all season until the final 2 weeks at which point they went on a ridiculous winning streak, winning 14 of their last 15 games allowing them to tie for the wildcard spot, beat the Padres in a 13 inning play-in game then proceeded to sweep the Phillies in the LDS and Dbacks in the LCS.  They had to wait about 10 days between the NLCS and the World Series and that off time killed whatever mojo they were riding and they reverted back to being the .500 team that they were for basically the entire season and Boston proceeded to thrash them.

Archived