2020 Election Thread

PapaG

17 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

He's already laying the groundwork:

The president said, falsely, that Michigan is sending absentee ballots to 7.7 million voters, following that with a warning to Nevada if it pursues voting by mail.

Michigan's secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson, said Tuesday that all of those registered voters will be mailed applications for absentee ballots for the state’s elections in August and November — not the absentee ballots themselves.

... she also pointed out GOP states that do the exact same thing that the president weirdly didn't call out.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don also "liked" Bernie in 2016 & we both know he's not going to vote for a Dem so I wouldn't use that as a stick.

In fact, if he likes anything a Dem does, you can probably bet it's because he, like Trump, wants to try to split everyone to the left of him so his minority can at least achieve a plurality.

Remember when Papa called Tulsi Gabbard the only sane Democratic candidate?

4 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Don also "liked" Bernie in 2016 & we both know he's not going to vote for a Dem so I wouldn't use that as a stick.

In fact, if he likes anything a Dem does, you can probably bet it's because he, like Trump, wants to try to split everyone to the left of him so his minority can at least achieve a plurality.

Remember when Papa called Tulsi Gabbard the only sane Democratic candidate?

Bernie would have defeated Trump.

Michigan is inundated by a flood and is one of the epicenters of the virus, and Trump is currying favor with its citizens by threatening to withhold federal funding because its governor is a Democrat (who, by the way, has a 63% approval rating in MI).

It has never been more clear to me that Trump's win in 2016 was pure, dumb luck.  He's the dumbest presidential candidate of all time.  (Not just president.  But CANDIDATE.)

15 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

I'll expect her to bring any demo with her as I do any VP candidate -- zero -- if she even is the VP candidate.

Biden being potentially the oldest president ever inaugurated by several years makes the VP choice pretty critical, IMO.

And Klobuchar has zero charisma.

Archived