2020 Season

Scscsc89

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Players new position: we want to play, it’s safer for us than not playing, but make the university totally liable for My lifetime For any COVID-19 Issues resulting.  Universities can not take this deal.  No season.

I read an article about the medical costs of a survivor of COVID-19. Granted he was in his 60's and was hospitalized for nearly 2 months.  His short term medical costs were + $1 million.  The $$$ it could potentially cost is much grande.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... you’re right, it’s just football. And since it’s just football, seems apt to want extra protections in place for doing something frivolous like football, which these kids are being asked to do almost entirely for the enrichment of others.

Looks like they’re not being asked to do it.  In a weeks time looks like there’s no season, these guys have lost their privileged athletes status (temporarily) and there’s no longer any reason to listen to them any more than to a second year accounting student.  Mask up, 6 feet and good luck. Life comes at you fast.

Yes, the cancellation of the football season would eliminate leverage (and the necessity) for a united player coalition demanding improved safety protocols for the upcoming football season. I’m not sure where this “gotcha” aimed at players is coming from? Revenue sharing and a hit on Larry Scott’s salary were always non-starters. This was always aimed at player safety.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Yes, the cancellation of the football season would eliminate leverage (and the necessity) for a united player coalition demanding improved safety protocols for the upcoming football season. I’m not sure where this “gotcha” aimed at players is coming from? Revenue sharing and a hit on Larry Scott’s salary were always non-starters. This was always aimed at player safety.

It was never about player safety. That was moral pleverage.  They were always safer within whatever protocols had been established than at home With their buddies With no tests, no supervision and for some, no place to quarantine and no access to treatment.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29633697/heart-condition-linked-covid-19-fuels-power-5-concern-season-viability

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29579222/boston-red-sox-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez-done-season-due-heart-issue

After reading those articles, I totally respect any decision to not have football this season even if that includes the NFL.  I think the MLB ought to shut down as well.    

How long before the SEC tries to discredit Dr. Drezner's concerns about COVID links to myocarditis? 

Drezner is at UW school of medicine, by the way. Good look for UW and the Pac12 to have some grown ups weighing real health issues. 

1 hour ago, row Z said:

How long before the SEC tries to discredit Dr. Drezner's concerns about COVID links to myocarditis? 

Drezner is at UW school of medicine, by the way. Good look for UW and the Pac12 to have some grown ups weighing real health issues. 

Hopefully that will reflect in recruiting as well.

23 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

It was never about player safety. That was moral pleverage.  They were always safer within whatever protocols had been established than at home With their buddies With no tests, no supervision and for some, no place to quarantine and no access to treatment.

It’s really odd watching a senior citizen throw an internet tantrum because teenagers won’t endanger their health and lives to entertain him, for free.  

Archived