2020 Season

Scscsc89

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Snow in Colorado is usually hit or miss until January and we already had one day where it was 80-90 outside followed by a 50-60 degree drop and snow the next day this month.

Scorch is talking about our inversion issues.. The SL valley is enclosed by mountains, when we don't get storms and it's cold, we have some of the worst air quality on the planet and the pollution has nowhere to go..

24 minutes ago, utenation said:

First I've heard of the Utah threatening to leave bit... Interesting. I wonder how credible that is?

Me too. Not going to assume this is accurate until I see some reporting on it. UW voting against a fall season is also surprising. 

Utah's Mark Harlan was asked how home games can proceed with the locker rooms being torn down.

“Let me start off by sharing with you a text I received from a fellow PAC-12 Athletics Director. ‘We’re not concerned about the lack of a locker room. Frankly, if you put up a tent it will be superior to what you’ve been providing the past 9 years.’”

😄

10 minutes ago, Scorcho said:

Utah's Mark Harlan was asked how home games can proceed with the locker rooms being torn down.

“Let me start off by sharing with you a text I received from a fellow PAC-12 Athletics Director. ‘We’re not concerned about the lack of a locker room. Frankly, if you put up a tent it will be superior to what you’ve been providing the past 9 years.’”

😄

The old SEZ was terrible in many ways.. Thankfully our new birthday suit is coming along nicely.

035187F7-84EE-4B07-83C1-62ADC17595BB.jpeg

This will be the final product.

image.jpeg.40f0d69e53cbcfb0564076f0fa2272aa.jpeg

Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion plan gets a $17.5 million jolt from the Garff  family - The Salt Lake Tribune

I assume (I know, I know) that they’ll try to keep the home & away opponents from the 2020 schedule.

I wonder if they’ll try to keep the crossover opponents (H&A) as well.

I saw some suggestion that the California schools might prefer to do All-California crossovers — don’t know if that’s true.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

I assume (I know, I know) that they’ll try to keep the home & away opponents from the 2020 schedule.

I wonder if they’ll try to keep the crossover opponents (H&A) as well.

I saw some suggestion that the California schools might prefer to do All-California crossovers — don’t know if that’s true.

That would preserve the intense wine-sipping weekender rivalries ... 

10 hours ago, utenation said:

Scorch is talking about our inversion issues.. The SL valley is enclosed by mountains, when we don't get storms and it's cold, we have some of the worst air quality on the planet and the pollution has nowhere to go..

Same problem here in Denver with the inversion issues because the mountains keeps some of the air pollution hanging around town even if we have plains going to the east.  That's why we have our brown cloud in Denver and that can go as far north as Laramie in Wyoming and south of Pueblo if not the NM border.  That is despite the efforts to shut down coal power in this state and replace them with natural gas but increased oil & gas production north of Denver hasn't helped either despite the nation's stringest emissions standards for that type of production.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/12/09/strong-inversion-puts-denver-under-a-brown-cloud/

This is what we see in Denver during the winter:

image.jpeg.7225dae8c7e9e3a4d0cc9a76bd416add.jpeg

We have had Denver Bronco regular season and playoff games with no issues.

22 hours ago, row Z said:

Me too. Not going to assume this is accurate until I see some reporting on it. UW voting against a fall season is also surprising. 

Looks like that report was fishing for drama.. Makes me think all of it was bogus.  I’m just happy we’re playing. I also think Utah knows the P12 is the best fit.. even in troubled times.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Sources-Dispute-Reports-of-Threats-in-Pac-12-Meetings-utah-utes-football-usc-trojans--151944057/

Archived