2020 Season

Scscsc89

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

More than likely.  Their former starting QB is playing well for the Miami Hurricanes...that got to be salt in the wounds for UH Cougar fans.

I think SC might be referring to Texas's terrible record in handling COVID, particularly near Houston.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Orange said:

I think SC might be referring to Texas's terrible record in handling COVID, particularly near Houston.

CU Boulder hasn't done that great of a job and the county just published an order barring activities which means CU can't practice the next two weeks.  No problems UNC in Greeley used to be the spot for summer training camp for the Denver Broncos until the Bears moved up to FCS football.  CU can agree to more football & basketball contests between them and the Bears.  The Bears can't play football until next spring so why not let CU use those facilities?

Doesn't the passage below indicate that there will be a high likelihood of the number 1 teams from N and S playing consecutive games, first in the 6th game (divisional crossover 1 v. 1) then in the championship game? If USC and Oregon are undefeated in their divisions, they would play on 12/12, and likely again in the championship 12/18. The loser of the game on 12/12 would be 5-1 but with a head to head win over the second place team in the division. I don't love teams playing each other in consecutive games, but I suppose there is a fairness in the way the cross divisional matchups are assigned.  

• With 6 games it means each team will have an even 3/3 split between home and away which is what Jimmy Lake advocated for on his coaches’ show last night. It means the Huskies will play each of the other teams in the North division plus one crossover game entering the final weekend. In an interesting wrinkle it appears the #2 finishers in each division will face off on that final Saturday and the same for the #3, #4, etc. We’ll see how long it takes for the final schedule to be released.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2020/9/24/21454287/breaking-pac-12-ceos-vote-to-return-to-play-uw-washington-huskies-football-basketball

Just now, row Z said:

Doesn't the passage below indicate that there will be a high likelihood of the number 1 teams from N and S playing consecutive games, first in the 6th game (divisional crossover 1 v. 1) then in the championship game? If USC and Oregon are undefeated in their divisions, they would play on 12/12, and likely again in the championship 12/18. The loser of the game on 12/12 would be 5-1 but with a head to head win over the second place team in the division. I don't love teams playing each other in consecutive games, but I suppose there is a fairness in the way the cross divisional matchups are assigned.  

• With 6 games it means each team will have an even 3/3 split between home and away which is what Jimmy Lake advocated for on his coaches’ show last night. It means the Huskies will play each of the other teams in the North division plus one crossover game entering the final weekend. In an interesting wrinkle it appears the #2 finishers in each division will face off on that final Saturday and the same for the #3, #4, etc. We’ll see how long it takes for the final schedule to be released.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2020/9/24/21454287/breaking-pac-12-ceos-vote-to-return-to-play-uw-washington-huskies-football-basketball

The PAC-12 stated 7 games + the championship game.

10 minutes ago, azgreg said:

I'm hearing 5 divisional games and 2 crossover games.

Yeah, that is what I am seeing. 1st crossover game will be scheduled by the conference randomly. Second crossover game will be the 7th game on 12/18, against the corresponding team from the other division (1st v. 1st, 2d v. 2d, etc.). Kind of a cool format. 

Somebody on Twitter said the second crossover game is the weekend of the CCG if the non-division winners want to.

Having only one crossover game is idiotic.   Someone draws Oregon & someone draws Oregon State.  How is that a fair way to decide the South?

Better to have a Divisional round robin with a bye week at the end if you need to make up any cancelled games

1 minute ago, row Z said:

Yeah, that is what I am seeing. 1st crossover game will be scheduled by the conference randomly. Second crossover game will be the 7th game on 12/18, against the corresponding team from the other division (1st v. 1st, 2d v. 2d, etc.). Kind of a cool format. 

The B1G is doing something similar.

Archived