Game of Thrones/TV thread

MrBug708

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At the moment I’m only watching Succession and Righteous Gemstones, which are both amazing. Just finished Mindhunter S2; eagerly awaiting the new Better Call Saul. Going to start Fleabag soon, I’ve heard great things and it’s showing at the Emmy’s sealed the deal.

What else should I be watching, Pac-12 fam?

1 hour ago, glduck said:

At the moment I’m only watching Succession and Righteous Gemstones, which are both amazing. Just finished Mindhunter S2; eagerly awaiting the new Better Call Saul. Going to start Fleabag soon, I’ve heard great things and it’s showing at the Emmy’s sealed the deal.

What else should I be watching, Pac-12 fam?

Fleabag was great. 

Aside from that on Prime really enjoyed Goliath, Sneaky Pete, Man in the High Castle and The Boys.

The Boys was incredible.  

I've been bingeing The Expanse on Amazon Prime (started its run in 2015 and has 3 seasons, I think).  It's really good sci-fi, if you're into that.

The Spy on Netflix with Sacha Baron Cohen is amazing, too.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

The Boys was incredible.  

I've been bingeing The Expanse on Amazon Prime (started its run in 2015 and has 3 seasons, I think).  It's really good sci-fi, if you're into that.

The Spy on Netflix with Sacha Baron Cohen is amazing, too.

The Expanse is great, probably my favorite Sci Fi series since Firefly.

Goliath Season 3 is up on Prime, going to have to set aside a day or two to binge it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Press is an engaging show about reporters for the Post and Herald, the former a tabloid struggling for legitimacy and the latter a long-standing blue blood (NYT?) fighting to keep its keen edge.  It gets a bit tangled with soap opera like subplots delving into the private lives of reporters and editors.   It leans a bit heavily on the portrayal of reporters as pure hearts.  All in all though it’s engaging and intelligent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had quite a few people on here/Fanatics who watched Sons of Anarchy, anyone keeping up with Mayans?

I just binged S2. S1 was... just okay. It contained a lot of Sutter-isms, but he seemed like he was trying to REALLY make Mayans its own thing. Potter was in it (the kooky Agent from Sons S4), but that was kind of it. Sutter backed off on that in S2, and we got more ties to the Sons world -- Happy appeared in quite a few episodes and Sutter tied his backstory to the two main Mayan characters, and we finally saw Tig and the current SAMCRO guys.

If anyone's interested but doesn't want to invest 20 episodes to it: essentially Tig is frustrated that SAMCRO is still in the gun business, and both he and Alvarez are still working towards honoring Jax's final wish. There's a complicated "one final deal" that will (in theory) get SAMCRO out of guns that the Mayans blow up in the S2 finale. A SAMCRO member (unidentified) is killed during a Mayan raid, presumably setting up a SAMCRO/Mayan showdown in S3.

It's OK. I don't think it stands up on its own -- the 'post-Jax Teller world' angle Sutter is finally playing up is definitely the most intriguing angle the show has going for it. 

I've got about 10 episodes each of the following series in my DVR queue.  I need someone to tell me what to delete:

Yellowstone
Mr. In Between
Mayans
The Terror (the japanese one)

I've completely abandoned both Walking Deads.  Does anyone have anything to say that would make me regret that decision?

Also, when the fuck are the following Series going to return:

Fargo
Atlanta
Better Call Saul

Jack Ryan was entertaining, but last season was better.  The season 2 finale was....uh....well, just watch it.  

I'm also getting ready to plow through season 5 of Peaky Blinders.

Archived