Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

I certainly don’t know anything about Oregon football but it would seem like if they hired Wilcox Oregon fans would expect a big name offensive coordinator.

On a different topic, I was happy to see Tedford go back to Fresno State. He’s kind of a hero in Fresno. It will be interesting to see if he still has the fire.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, glduck said:

Of the names leaked to the media, it is most certainly not going well.

I hope to be blindsided with a surprise name that they’ve kept under wraps, but I’m a dreamer.

I can't recall, were Oregon fans excited about Cristobal getting promoted back in 2017?

On 12/9/2021 at 10:55 AM, Scorcho said:

I can't recall, were Oregon fans excited about Cristobal getting promoted back in 2017?

Of the finalists, Cristobal was probably the best option. Many were happy that our class was mostly saved, and we didn’t lose a bunch of transfers. But it was a super weak final trio.

I believe we’ve whiffed on our top tier candidates and legit interest has been forced upon us.

Part of me wonders what a Chip return would look like if he’s told that a defensive staff will be assembled for him, and a few holdovers will be retained for recruiting purposes. That doesn’t sound… terrible. But then another part of me realizes Chip doesn’t seem like the type to be dictated to, and he’d just stay at UCLA if we were to attach such clauses.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, KUGRDON said:

He’s Head Coach at Fresno.

So?

Seems to me no one stays anywhere anymore, and a coordinator position at a P5 is probably better for an old guy who may not want the headaches of being head coach at a middling G5 with a lousy fanbase.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:47 PM, Orange said:

So?

Seems to me no one stays anywhere anymore, and a coordinator position at a P5 is probably better for an old guy who may not want the headaches of being head coach at a middling G5 with a lousy fanbase.

Just took the job and Fresno is where he started as coach and player.  He isn’t gonna shit on it.  Yours wasn’t a bad plan, just not an insightful take on the man and situation.  
if I was gonna do what you suggested I would have just hired Tedford as HC and not touched Wilcox.  I don’t see anything compelling to make the case that Wilcox is a good HC.

I sorta wish we had out in a bid for ten years of Tedford before Fresno needed him.

On 12/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, Mano said:

Can't really imagine Kyle leaving at this stage of his career for LA. Might get him and staff a pay increase though.

Kyle is 62. Very conservative and a penny pincher. My guess is Kyle goes until 65. It would take him 3 years or so to build things his way if he went to UCLA. Probably has enough money for generations stuffed in the bank too.

With the exception of maybe a pay raise and easier recruiting, Utah has everything he needs. Family is here too. I think he wants to start playing with his grandkids very soon.

I give him leaving a 5% chance.