Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

On 7/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

I never understood Schools building IPF's when they play their games outdoors. In the elements the IPF protects them from.

I think you live in SLC right? If so,you should know the answer.  Cold, shitty weather and for excessive heat in August.

If you are trying to button up your playbook or polish your gameplan for a bowl game in say late Dec or early January, a IPF is a must in SLC. All college football kids want to be treated like rock stars with bells and whistles and creature comforts. Top level recruits from warm weather areas in Texas, Florida, AZ and SoCal aren't going to come if your pitch is, F-you we practice outside all the time you little shit.  If you have a problem with it, go watch the movie Rudy.

BTW, Utah only uses their IPF for extreme conditions, most practices are outside. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 1:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

I never understood Schools building IPF's when they play their games outdoors. In the elements the IPF protects them from.

1.  Privacy surrounding what goes on and controlling who can enter the facility and watch practice, etc.

2.  Practice time is precious time, given that teams only have "X" amount of time for each practice.  It's easier to maximize practice time when you're not having to contend with a downpour of rain or heavy snowstorm.

On 8/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, HLB said:

1.  Privacy surrounding what goes on and controlling who can enter the facility and watch practice, etc.

2.  Practice time is precious time, given that teams only have "X" amount of time for each practice.  It's easier to maximize practice time when you're not having to contend with a downpour of rain or heavy snowstorm.

3. Having lockers nearby and in some cases, academic support near by.  Time is precious for student athletes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Things take forever to get done in Boulder and the eventual west side renovation of Folsom Field is one of them.  This tweet below appears to put a timeline on that.  The fundraising with Coach Prime on board and the increased conference money from the Big 12 should make that happen in a few years.  Maybe a season in Denver might be necessary.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, utenation said:

Will anyone even notice? Their attendance in 2022 was about 29k. 2021 was 23k.  Stadium holds 40K. 

How this program is in the SEC cashing big boy paychecks is beyond me. 

They've torn down endzone seating, for a re-build, while closing in the other endzone, which never had seating.

One side of the stadium (not shown in your picture) is slated to be complete for the 2024 opening game, with the other side completed for the 2025 opening game.  The stadium has long been in need of upgrades, and along with the bowling in the stadium, they are performing upgrades to the stadium overall.

I went to a game earlier this year and will be going to a game on the Nov. 4th.  Their OOC home game attendance is weak, but when other SEC teams come to town, they either fill up, or nearly fill up.  I was at the Kentucky game, where 80% of the stands was filled with Kentucky fans.

Auburn will fill it up on the 4th.  As does Georgia, Florida, BAMA, Ole Miss (etc.,) when they come to play.

Vandy is a charter member of the SEC, dating back to 1932, and has the lowest enrollment of all SEC teams (13K).  They perform well in sports other than football (basketball, baseball, etc.).  But as a charter member, they're not going anywhere.  

There is a LOT of competition for the entertainment dollar, in Nashville, particularly on fall weekends .... Titans football (10 minutes away), Predators hockey (near the Titans stadium), and fans from Nashville traveling to Knoxville for a Tennessee football game.  But mostly, it's competition with the music industry.  A typical weekend in Nashville might have the band like "Train" playing downtown at the Ampitheatre; with ZZ-Top, 5 blocks away at the Ryman Auditorium; a Broadway musical, 5 blocks in the other direction; NeYo at Bridgestone (downtown, across from the Ryman); The Symphony, two blocks from Bridgestone arena and three blocks from all of the Honky Tonks, which has an insane number of bands, etc. .... Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights are the biggest nights, but the activities go on all week.  In two weeks, they have the CMA Music Awards, downtown, on a Wednesday night.  Multiple bands, plays, musicals, award shows, and etc. compete for the entertainment dollar.  It's all very condensed and generates roughly $15B to the Nashville economy.

To that end, they are hoping to capitalize on drawing other events to their new stadium, to bring more revenue to the university.  Additionally, they're hoping that the new state-of-the-art stadium will draw even more fans from visiting teams, with hopes of drawing in more residents of Nashville to attend games.  Their stadium and facilities has long been criticized as a reason for why people don't attend games.  Personally, I've never had a problem with it, but everyone wants "new and fancy", so that's where they're headed.

Their current average game attendance is equal to Wazzu and on par with OSU.  

On 10/27/2023 at 2:24 AM, HLB said:

They've torn down endzone seating, for a re-build, while closing in the other endzone, which never had seating.

One side of the stadium (not shown in your picture) is slated to be complete for the 2024 opening game, with the other side completed for the 2025 opening game.  The stadium has long been in need of upgrades, and along with the bowling in the stadium, they are performing upgrades to the stadium overall.

I went to a game earlier this year and will be going to a game on the Nov. 4th.  Their OOC home game attendance is weak, but when other SEC teams come to town, they either fill up, or nearly fill up.  I was at the Kentucky game, where 80% of the stands was filled with Kentucky fans.

Auburn will fill it up on the 4th.  As does Georgia, Florida, BAMA, Ole Miss (etc.,) when they come to play.

Vandy is a charter member of the SEC, dating back to 1932, and has the lowest enrollment of all SEC teams (13K).  They perform well in sports other than football (basketball, baseball, etc.).  But as a charter member, they're not going anywhere.  

There is a LOT of competition for the entertainment dollar, in Nashville, particularly on fall weekends .... Titans football (10 minutes away), Predators hockey (near the Titans stadium), and fans from Nashville traveling to Knoxville for a Tennessee football game.  But mostly, it's competition with the music industry.  A typical weekend in Nashville might have the band like "Train" playing downtown at the Ampitheatre; with ZZ-Top, 5 blocks away at the Ryman Auditorium; a Broadway musical, 5 blocks in the other direction; NeYo at Bridgestone (downtown, across from the Ryman); The Symphony, two blocks from Bridgestone arena and three blocks from all of the Honky Tonks, which has an insane number of bands, etc. .... Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights are the biggest nights, but the activities go on all week.  In two weeks, they have the CMA Music Awards, downtown, on a Wednesday night.  Multiple bands, plays, musicals, award shows, and etc. compete for the entertainment dollar.  It's all very condensed and generates roughly $15B to the Nashville economy.

To that end, they are hoping to capitalize on drawing other events to their new stadium, to bring more revenue to the university.  Additionally, they're hoping that the new state-of-the-art stadium will draw even more fans from visiting teams, with hopes of drawing in more residents of Nashville to attend games.  Their stadium and facilities has long been criticized as a reason for why people don't attend games.  Personally, I've never had a problem with it, but everyone wants "new and fancy", so that's where they're headed.

See, this is a perfect opportunity for you to go share this useless info on an SEC board. Anywhere but here really.  I didn’t read your 5000 word book because nobody here gives a shit about a program like Vandy. 

This is a perfect example of why you don’t belong here and are clueless on Western and P12 athletics. 

A few years ago, you were telling everyone that the P12 only had 10 teams.  Your wall of shame on this board continues to grow. 

On 10/27/2023 at 1:24 AM, HLB said:

I love how Nashville has the excuse of exciting alternative opportunities, but none of the Pac 12 programs are allowed that excuse, according to your dumb fucking ass.  

On 10/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, utenation said:

See, this is a perfect opportunity for you to go share this useless info on an SEC board. Anywhere but here really.  I didn’t read your 5000 word book because nobody here gives a shit about a program like Vandy. 

This is a perfect example of why you don’t belong here and are clueless on Western and P12 athletics. 

A few years ago, you were telling everyone that the P12 only had 10 teams.  Your wall of shame on this board continues to grow. 

Wow .... @Orange makes a post about an SEC stadium, to which you responded.  But when I respond (on topic) you are somehow offended.

Again, you and @Orangeneed to get help with your insecurities.

That being said - you don't like it when I talk about the PAC, especially when I'm right.

On 10/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, Orange said:

I love how Nashville has the excuse of exciting alternative opportunities, but none of the Pac 12 programs are allowed that excuse, according to your dumb fucking ass.  

First off, it's not an excuse, it's a reality.

Second, I never said that the PAC could not make similar claims.  The vast entertainment opportunities in LA, Seattle, Phoenix, Tucson, San Fran, Salt Lake, all speak for themselves.

I was simply replying to the discussion about Vanderbilt's stadium and @utenation's questioning Vandy, their attendance numbers, and of how they remain in the SEC.

Bottom line, you and @Utenation served, I just returned volley.

I can't help it if you're overly sensitive and insecure.