23/24 hoops talk

azgreg

Our 23/24 OOC schedule is nuts.

11/10/2023 - Arizona at Duke
11/17/2023 - Arizona vs. Belmont
11/23/2023 - Arizona vs. Michigan State in Palm Springs, Calif.
12/09/2023 - Wisconsin at Arizona
12/16/2023 - Arizona vs. Purdue in Indianapolis
12/20/2023 - Arizona vs. Alabama in Phoenix
Date TBA - Arizona at Southern

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to see CU beat USC on the hardwood again because Enfield is full of it whenever he goes against Tad Boyle.  This season is going to have some extra juice since the Buffs will go back home to the Big 12 after this season.

https://www.buffzone.com/2023/06/11/mens-basketball-nonconference-schedule-shaping-up-for-2023-24-cu-buffs/

As for the non-conference slate:

@CSU

Towson

Pepperdine

Sunshine Slam: Florida State, UNLV, and Richmond

Grambling

On 7/31/2023 at 4:03 PM, Orange said:

Call me a dumb, casual fan, but I can't find an Oregon State basketball 23-24 schedule to save my life.

Hopefully the P12 releases the basketball schedule after they are done kicking the media rights can down the road.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:20 AM, PAC MAN said:

Hopefully the P12 releases the basketball schedule after they are done kicking the media rights can down the road.

Did you try this one out at the comedy cellar?  You know, like the “cellar” CU was in for 12 years in the PAC?

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 4:34 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Nicely done.  It makes you wonder if the Prime Effect might rub off on Boyle's program and move them from a consistently good team to an occasionaly great team.

They’ve recruited fairly well.  How much is prime (if any) is unknown.  I think they might be ok this year. 

and that means they will be 10 games under .500.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:34 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Nicely done.  It makes you wonder if the Prime Effect might rub off on Boyle's program and move them from a consistently good team to an occasionaly great team.

Can't hurt to have Coach Prime in town with the Buffs going to the toughest basketball conference next year in the Big 12.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know what to make of Oregon this year. Cousinard will start off the ball, Bittle and Dante are both back and will start up front. Barthelemy will either start at the point or play a 6th man role.

It’s a nice little core of returnees, but probably not enough to seriously challenge UCLA/Arizona. Whether or not we do anything worthwhile this year will probably depend on whether or not the freshmen are ready. Kwame Evans was ESPN’s 14th rated recruit, Mookie Cook was the 21st, Jackson Shelstad the 36th. We seem to be in a rut lately as far as big time freshmen coming in and making immediate impacts, so we’ll see.

Also brought in a few transfers I know fuck all about. One of them is from Georgia. Apparently they play basketball now?

Women's basketball appears to be having its media day for the PAC today.

Utah selected as 2023-24 Pac-12 Women’s Basketball favorites in preseason polls | Pac-12

COACHES POLL

Rank

Team (First-Place Votes)

Utah (7)

UCLA (3)

Stanford (2)

Colorado  

Washington State

USC

Arizona

Oregon

Washington

Oregon State

California

Arizona State

MEDIA POLL

Rank

Team (First-Place Votes)

Utah (12)

UCLA (10)

Stanford (5)

Colorado  

Washington State

USC

Arizona

Oregon

Oregon State

Washington

California

Arizona State

WBB%20Team%2016x9v3.png?itok=QoWPisk6

HONORABLE MENTION (received votes from three-or-more members of the media): Helena Pueyo (ARIZ); Kemery Martín (CAL); Leilani McIntosh (CAL); Frida Formann (COLO); Aaronette Vonleh (COLO); Talana Lepolo (STAN); Emily Bessoir (UCLA); Lauren Betts (UCLA); JuJu Watkins (USC); Jenna Johnson (UTAH); Dalayah Daniels (WASH).