2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 10/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, MrBug708 said:

Are you talking about the illegal hands to the helmet on the UW WR? No? One was a bad call on that happens on a regular basis. Like holding. Or a bad strike call in baseball. This call was obnoxious because they picked up the flag on an easy call.

Full clip of the flag pick up shows the ASU receiver grabbing defenders face mask and pulling down on it before that. Maybe the P12 refs were just being consistent. 

P.S. Pretty sure he was talking about the ASU defender tackling the receiver before the ball got there 

On 10/22/2023 at 10:52 AM, utenation said:

Who is playing Moore or Garbers?  17 sounds about right with either QB. 

We didnt even know who was playing yesterday until before kickoff. With Kelly notorious with being gunshy about info, I expect to not hear much about it. But I think the line is more about 35 sacks given up by Colorado.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, MrBug708 said:

Why doesn't Witt just run the running back three yards closer to the middle of the field and call time out.

Whitt commented on why FG team was initially sent out, Pac 12 refs:

And what we were doing there at the end is we were going to center it up and I let the ref know we were going to center it up and call timeout. They say you can’t call timeout, but you just can’t call consecutive timeouts. So I sent the field goal unit back out there, knowing that it was incorrect, but they were going to wind the clock and then they (USC) called timeout. And so, I came back over and got the other ref and said, ‘hey, what’s the deal?’ There was a little bit of lack of communication, but the bottom line is we got it settled where yes, you can use your final timeout if you use that last play to center it up. So that’s why it looked a little bit wishy-washy at the end.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:14 PM, utenation said:

Good game my man. Classic battles the last few years. @Trojan209, same to you. 

Bad news, our stud LB Lander Barton is out the rest of the year.  He was having a great season. 

It’s also official, Rising and Brant out the rest of the year. 

Yup! Good game. Kinda glad I didn’t get to see the ending. We were on our way at halftime to SD for a funeral in the morning.  This is one of those series I’m gonna miss due to conference realignment.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:00 PM, Trojan209 said:

Yup! Good game. Kinda glad I didn’t get to see the ending. We were on our way at halftime to SD for a funeral in the morning.  This is one of those series I’m gonna miss due to conference realignment.

Some series stats.  14 games played in the P12. Utah leads the series 8-6 also winning the last 4. Riley is 0-3 against Utah and 12-0 against the rest of the conference. 

Utah started turning our program around in 2014 finally adding P5 talent and depth.  Up to this point, USC dominated us.  Until 2021, Utah hadn’t beat SC in LA going back to 1915. 

You also have to look at the Clay Helton failures and the Sark drama.  Whittingham was asked if USC has became Utah’s rival in the post game. Out of respect for USC’s pedigree and history, he said we aren’t on that level. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, MrBug708 said:

Colorado - UCLA is a "sellout". Not sure they remove the tarps but tickets are way overpriced right now

With both LA schools off to the B1G & CU to the B12 and not a high likehood that CU will attempt to schedule either LA school, this might be Coach Prime's only game in LA unless he coaches in the NFL which doesn't appear to be the case.  As for how the Buffs are going to do in LA, we are just going to have to see what kind of CU team shows up in the Rose Bowl after a bye week.  If the Buffs win this Saturday, the Buffs are basically back on track for a bowl game.