Adrian Peterson is a piece of shit

Orange

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Help? He needs to be in Jail. Let him deal with it there.

He needs both

Punishment and help

Unless the effort is made to teach these abusers and change the mindset and anger management skills............jail isn't going to fix the problem. Not saying they shouldn't go to jail but of and by itself that doesn't fix anything.

I agree that spanking is good.

But AD went way overboard.

I feel law enforcement should judge him on his actions...Not the NFL.

The NFL should make their decision after the police make thier charge.

Naive.  If the NFL waited for the slow legal system to run it's course, what do you think their sponsors would think?  What did several of their sponsors do for looking the other way with AP?  Anheuser Busch, by far their biggest sponsor, basically wrote a demand letter to the NFL and their contract with the NFL has a convenient termination clause.  The NFL's main source of growth is TV money, which comes from sponsors.  The NFL has no choice but to act the way their sponsors want them to and to a lesser degree, the way the majority of their fans want them to.  

I think sponsors should do what ever they want to do.  They don't have to wait for the legal system.  They can pull the ads any time they want.

And then of course the team could cut the player due to losing money and sponsors.

Hey, lets face it...If the NFL suspended every player that has done something stupid (but not arrested by the police), they would have to bring up replacement players.

I think sponsors should do what ever they want to do.  They don't have to wait for the legal system.  They can pull the ads any time they want.

And then of course the team could cut the player due to losing money and sponsors.

Hey, lets face it...If the NFL suspended every player that has done something stupid (but not arrested by the police), they would have to bring up replacement players.

It's not about stupid, it's about violent off-the-field actions and sponsors don't want any part of a league that doesn't take decisive action against their employees who can't live up to the basic standard of keeping the violence on the field.  I guarantee you, players will start thinking twice the next time the thought of striking their kid or significant other crosses their mind.  

OK...violent...lets throw out stupid.

Violent would including punching people in the face and getting into fights in bars.  Most of those incidents are covered up and don't even make the newspaper.

I have a couple of friends who are doormen in the Gaslamp District in San Diego.  Charger players are in fights all the time down there.

I think the NFL would have to bring up replacement players if they just suspended the guys who are throwing punches on a drunkin night out on the town.

JMO

OK...violent...lets throw out stupid.

Violent would including punching people in the face and getting into fights in bars.  Most of those incidents are covered up and don't even make the newspaper.

I have a couple of friends who are doormen in the Gaslamp District in San Diego.  Charger players are in fights all the time down there.

I think the NFL would have to bring up replacement players if they just suspended the guys who are throwing punches on a drunkin night out on the town.

JMO

And why do these people not press charges?  Odd that they supposedly get in fights "all the time" and nobody reports it or sues.  But as Manu said, hitting your wife/fiancee/gf is far worse than hitting another grown man.  Your hearsay information that goes unreported isn't exactly powerful evidence. 

I would also add that a certain amount of risk is assumed when you go to a bar and a club.  A certain amount of risk is not assumed when you're in the comfort of your own home.  

I agree that spanking is good.

But AD went way overboard.

I feel law enforcement should judge him on his actions...Not the NFL.

The NFL should make their decision after the police make thier charge.

I don't know why people keep bringing up spanking.  AP didn't spank anyone.  He abused a child, brutally.

And spanking is never good.  It's lazy parenting, and it's more likely to inflict mental harm on a child that lasts into adulthood.  But those are just facts.  I know you hate those.

GL...I think my comment was very valid.  My comment was answering the below comment by All Hail...

Odd that they supposedly get in fights "all the time" and nobody sues or reports it.

Why didn't you address the rest of my post, which was far more relevant to the original topic than the sidepiece you choose to focus on.  

The point isn't whether NFL players get in fights, the point was, can fighting in a bar be compared to domestic abuse.  

Archived